Mother Nature's Medicines

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Silvia Benoit, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes, that's correct. It is terrible to find out - the drug lords paid off the politicians to pass laws around 1950 making it

illegal for licensed doctors to tell their own patients or others what to do to totally prevent cancer, heart disease, arthritis, headaches, multiple sclerosis, hbp, and almost all other troubles.

Thankfully, hundreds of books are available on those subjects so people can if they want to educate themselves and cure themselves of cancer even, and ms, and even sautims(oops), if they keep looking. Their doctors will tell them it is a waste of money and not to look, but that's what the doctors are taught (and not taught).

2. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

Although I know here the doctors can't talk........the docs I was referring to were from my other country and the year the chat took place was 1979.

Jeff Elohim likes this.
  3. Silvia Benoit

Registered

I can tell you each time I mess up my eating habits the psoriasis flares up; fortunately I don't eat junk more than two three times a year.

4. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Haha - I wish I was that disciplined the last ten years or more. I ate a l........ well, let's just say I did not realize I was putting on a half pound a week... not a problem for a while, but three years later ! ouch ! It snuck up on me so slowly, and it has likewise been slow for a year or two losing those pounds again. Step by step.

p.s. I got to see what other older fold have been mentioning about their pains and aches and dianosis on the forum -
    as I was in the beginning stages of 'getting' the same things they see a doctor for...
    Thankfully, there was/ is / still time now to get all back under control, normally, naturally, by diet and activity,
    instead
    of with manmade drugs and increasing side effects with more instead of less diagnosed problems.

This actually was one of my goals for years - to let people know what they can do instead of drugs, instead of losing parts of their body, and instead of hindering their children's health as well as their own. It is knowledge known for thousands of years all around the world in many countries - now forbidden the last century almost in the usa.

5. Jeff Elohim

Registered

I think a lot of people / posters/ here are old enough to have known some of the honest doctors who once were able to talk about prevention and healing, instead of drugging and declining, but that's something they might never have thought to talk about way back when. Now, if they start to find out, they can still be 'healed' in a way, reversing the trend toward more disease(s) or more diagnosis, and start to feel better within three days to three weeks. (three days is average from what I've seen in hundreds of people who finally found one of the honest doctors)

6. Silvia Benoit

Registered

I started to change my eating habits after being diagnosed with cancer; to improve my immune system was a must...and from them on became "mandatory":)

7. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Remember when health was normal, and more common than any disease or all diseases even?

Profit seeking changed all that.

8. Silvia Benoit

Registered

9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

We are planning to grow burdock in tubs this year. We take it for cramps, heart palpitations, skin issues...( great bio available magnesium) We've been harvesting it from old manure piles because it is easier to get the lonnnnnnng roots that way.
    We didn't harvest the purslane last year but hope to dry it this year for kidney issues. We have so many 'weeds' at our farm that are medicinal...
    Favorite food weed? Cattails!

John Brunner likes this.
  10. Silvia Benoit

Registered

You mention "skin issues"....Psoriasis is one of these issues that can be fought with turmeric (ingested with the food as well as applied on the affected area). BTW reducing the ingest of eggs is also indicated to fight this condition.

Yvonne Smith and Mary Stetler like this.
  11. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Although quite late to this particular discussion, I am another person who puts cinnamon in my coffee, morning, noon or night., Don't know what it does for my health but it tastes good. and I am still kicking.

Silvia Benoit and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I like added cinnamon, too, and sometimes also add a small amount of cardamom, or nutmeg, or maybe all three, depending on what seems good to me at the time.
    It is also great in tea, and makes kind of a chai tea latte with added milk (regular or plant based). With matcha green tea added, it is really delicious!

John West likes this.
  13. Alan Sidlo

Alan Sidlo Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

it's nice to see people take more responsibility for their well being, witnessed by the boom in herbalism over the last few years. sometimes it worries me when some get overzealous about the use of antibacterial protocols and the wanton elimination of parasites.

nature does provide some of the best relief for most non-critical emergencies... but great care needs to be taken so that a simple issue does not evolve into a major one.

John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Funny story.
    I was teaching a field trip class on edible/medicinal plants for a church group. Walking down the lane, I pointed out stinging nettle and jewel weed. I cautioned about the nettle but then said that jewel weed was the antidote. Not three minutes later a woman in the group came up to me hurriedly and said her son had dove into the nettle. How should they use the jewel weed.
    Why the heck would he dive into the nettle after the caution?! (except that he was a boy :rolleyes:)
    He was diving after a frog.
    So we crushed up the jewel weed......

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Cinnamon Footnote: Just for kicks, i added cinnamon to my ice tea today and found the spice adds a unique taste, if not health benefit, to my favorite drink.