Media Manipulation

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Martin Alonzo, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The public is now starting to see just how the media has been playing with their minds and how by simply not stating the facts or just leaving out some words to change what you think is becoming common place. A good example when Trump said he did not trust the fake news media the media says Trump does not trust the media and leaving out the word fake gives it an all together different meaning.

The people who came out with this idea of fake news were the main street media to discredit the new competition but it backfired. The old saying figures never lie but liars always figure. The first video show how even telling the truth can be misleading. The second is showing a possible extinction even the people in power are not letting you know about.

How They Use TRUTH To Create Manipulative FAKE News

Fukushima - It's Coming for California, 1523

2. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree. the media, mainly liberal goes after the weak and feeble minded. and the children who can vote. which are very soft targets. I want the voting age back to 21. this attempt at mind control does work. the Nazi's proved it. and I think the media is attempting the same thing here.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Unfortunately, it will never happen but I do think we'd make better choices if those with some experience at making choices were making the decisions.

4. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Mainstream Media Propaganda & Public Thought Control

5. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

they studied Hitler and Goebbels well. perhaps/...........

[​IMG]

6. Ken Anderson

7. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Funny that all the mistakes that are happening in the media are all aimed at Trump and no one else.

Dwight Ward and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Ken Anderson

When you hear Democrats and the media say that the poor and the middle class will have to pay more taxes in a decade under the new tax bill, did you know that they are referring to the fact that the bill expires in eight years? If it is not renewed in eight years, they will get a tax raise, but if they do renew it, the tax cut will continue. I guess your mind has to be able to do twists like that if you're a Democrat.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

I usually search for what I want to know about, as far as news is concerned, rather than accepting news reports from any news organization. My wife obsesses on the news more than I do, which is the main reason why we work in different rooms, because I can't stand wading in the same old stuff that flows through the news organizations as news every day.

I do listen to some of the talk show hosts somewhat, although not avidly, and the radio station we listen to uses several news sources for the news, as opposed to opinion. We might get our news from Fox at one point, but the next time they have a news break, it might be ABC News, NBC News, or another.

When Coast to Coast went went off the air this morning, the news came on, I think it was from ABC. I almost never listen to CNN because if there's a news organization worse than ABC, I don't want to hear it. I was still in bed, and awake, so I had to listen to it, and was appalled at how slanted it was. This wasn't an opinion show, but their news show, yet every single news item sounded like it was put out by a Democrat Party operative on the campaign trail.

So I guess I can understand where people get the ideas that so many of them have. If they turned to ABC News, CNN, or MSNBC for their news, I guess it's reasonable to think that they might actually believe some of that stuff, particularly if they're not curious enough to check up on some of that stuff.

Fox has its own slant, which is a neoconservative one, which is almost as bad as a liberal slant, but I don't just accept what I hear from Fox as fact.

The sad thing is that it's impossible to know what the facts are because absolutely no one is interested in telling the facts. Everything is a campaign issue, and every news agency is in the business of campaigning.

Dwight Ward likes this.
  10. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

11. Ken Anderson

I'm not interested in everything that's said here either, but I try not to be rude.

Lulu Moppet likes this.
  12. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

You are exactly right, Ken and I do apologize. This is no excuse, but the holidays have totally wiped me out. I'm exhausted. I wanted to answer you, but was so tired all I could do was yawn, literally. I thought about this response earlier this morning and on my own, before I knew of your reply, wanted to come back to delete or do an eta of 'sorry for being so lazy, sorry for this rude remark.'

Ken Anderson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Understood. No harm done.

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

An interesting news item that really makes a good example of the news distorting live news and furthering propaganda just happened when President Trump gave his speech on live television.
    Using a method of video face distortion , a Seattle television station made it look like the President was sticking his tongue out and looking really stupid during his speech.
    They also colored the broadcast orange, making it look like the President had orange skin.
    If you watch the video, you can see what a disgusting mess they made of the speech.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...-doctored-video-of-trumps-oval-office-address

Tom Galty and Martin Alonzo like this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Here is an example of the kind of technology used to make a video look different than the original. This might not be the exact thing that they did with the President making his speech, but you can see how well the technology works, and how it makes it look like the person is actually making those expressions and saying what they are portraying .

Ken Anderson and Martin Alonzo like this.