Lucid Dreaming

Discussion in 'Dreams & Interpretations' started by Adam Fields, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Sometimes I will move from the bed to the couch early in the morning, particularly when it's warm, since we have a heat pump in the living room.

Early this morning, while I was sleeping on the couch, I was awakened by someone who had passed by the couch and was at a window that I couldn't see from the position I was lying in. I tried to turn my head but couldn't see who it was. I figured it was my brother, Gilbert, so I wasn't concerned. I thought I'd just wait until he moved away from the window, and to where I could see him.

Instead, I fell asleep again and woke up as someone walked past me going in the other direction. Probably Gilbert. Later, I woke up again, noticing that someone was doing something over by the window. We have a computer there and I couldn't figure out if someone was on the computer (one that we seldom use) or doing something with the window.

Again, I couldn't see who it was, but figured it was Gilbert. Again, I briefly woke up when the person moved away from the window but was unable to see who it was.

It happened a third time. Then I actually woke up, still thinking that Gilbert had been by the window, but then I realized that Gilbert lived about two thousand miles away and has only been here once since I moved here fifteen years ago, and that I haven't lived in the same house with Gilbert since he graduated from high school when I was in ninth grade.

2. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

In the last few years I have started to lucid dreams that mean I am aware that I am dreaming. Most of my life I would not even remember my dreams. I think it first started in a dream where I was running away from someone that was out to harm me. I realised that it was a dream I have had many times but this time I was aware so I stopped and turn around and said go ahead and do what you want and nothing happened except I have never had that dream again.

Another time I was on a very high building and remembered that old saying that if you die in your dreams you will die. Well I jumped off the building and fell to the pavement many many floors down in my mind I could see the street coming closer and closer but when I hit I found myself in another me looking at the body on the ground.

I find this lucid dreaming fun because I can be interactive in my own dreams.

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Martin Alonzo I have often wished I could dream about things I want to dream about, but it never happens. One med I took for 15 years, Clonidine for B.P., was said to cause "vivid" dreams; it did! Once, I dreamed I was sleeping! While dreaming this, I awoke from the "dreamed dream", looked over at my wife, and she suddenly sat up, staring at me with brilliantly burning greenish eyes! Suddenly then I awoke, shaking, realized what had happened, looked over at her half expecting that horrible event to occur. Crazy!

Frank

Amie Ar and Patsy Faye like this.
  4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This is the first time I've heard of repeated lucid dreaming. From what I know, dreaming in color means you are creative and lucid dreaming, that is you are aware that what you are experiencing is a dream, means you have a good control of yourself particularly your emotions. On a rare occasion, I dreamed that I was running away from someone and when my pursuer was nearing to capture me, I made myself wake up from that dream (but in this instance, I was still dreaming). And I thought to myself that it was good because it was only a dream... not knowing that I'm still in a dream. When I woke up, I could vividly remember that I was dreaming inside a dream.

By the way, I believe that when you die in your dream, you actually die. But there is no proof to that, no one, absolutely no one can attest to that.

Christine Neil and Frank Sanoica like this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

We don't die in our dreams because we've never experienced death, so it wouldn't be stored in our sub conscience is what I believe.

6. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

We all have this part of our brain where we collect scenes of events and happenings whether they really happen or not and they were all stored in there until we recall them in our dreams in the happening called lucid dreaming.. And just like how our brain process instincts and reflexes, lucid dreams can suddenly snap while we are in a certain phase of our REM sleeping. It can happen that some people has that ability to manage and control these events in our far subconscious minds. some might feel or look at it at somehow weird and unconventional. But time and tests have revealed that lucid dreaming have some benefits not only to our psychological health but can somehow let us discover more of our inner selves and help us improve our wellness.

Aniri Ciocan and Christine Neil like this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Frank Sanoica and Amie Ar like this.
  8. Christine Neil

Christine Neil Veteran Member
    Registered

I have been a occasional lucid dreamer for as long as I can remember. I have even told someone in a dream that I met them in another dream. My most recent one was (well, it seemed to be at the time) a thriller type dream. All the way through I was convinced that if I could just remember it when I woke up it would make a fantastic novel. Sadly, as I did wake up, everything drifted away. All I had left were a few fragments that didn't seem all that interesting. Maybe next time.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Christine Neil - Now that's a shame ..........
    As a 'once' entertainer - I've given some great performances in me dreams, in fact - the best I've ever done ! :p

10. Christine Neil

Christine Neil Veteran Member
    Registered

I seem to remember belting out a song in a dream and I can't sing at all - but then again I can't fly either!

Frank Sanoica and Patsy Faye like this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha - yes, if only we could master the technique :p

12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Something that I remember vividly even now is something that happened afew times when I was about 3. I would lay down for a nap with my grandmother and I didn't think I was asleep at the time because I always remember seeing my grandma sleeping, then this creature would appear by the bed...it told me to climb up and get the key to the door and go outside...I did do this a few times that's been confirmed. And it wasn't til much later that I realized the creature I saw was one that is sometimes depicted as the devil...the goat with the horns one. After 62 years that image is still with me and I still don't know if I was asleep and dreaming it all...which I probably was.

This is what it looked like almost...except for the beard. I still think about it occasionally because it's the most real dream I've ever had.
    It just popped into my head now that's why I wrote about it. I even remember telling my husband about it. I also don't remember being afraid...it was just like a goat but stood upright, not so mean looking as the pic I posted.

IMG_6372.JPG

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  13. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Christine Neil
    5 posts and 8 likes! Gotta be some kind of record! Come on, belt us out some more, don't be timid. We need some active stimulation from "new blood"!
    Frank

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I woke up this morning, started getting out of bed, and then looked down to see a very large yellow spider on the bed where I had been lying. I started to panic and then I was surprised to find that I was still lying in bed. I had dreamt the spider, but it looked an awful lot like this one. It seemed so real.

syellowcrabspider.jpg

15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Ya gotta lay off the limburger cheese and smoked oysters before bed guy!

Frank Sanoica likes this.