Los Angeles Rams

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Bonnie Thomas, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

US football fans around here, how do you feel about the Rams leaving St. Louis and heading back to Los Angeles? Since the NFL has wanted a team there forever it seems, they should be happy.
    They are saying that they are going to have the biggest 'complex' in the country for the team.

I'm certainly old enough to remember when the Rams were originally in Los Angeles. I have no problem with the move. But the fans in St. Louis really take a beating. That's a shame. Money is the name of the owners game.

Also rumblings about the Chargers, and maybe the Raiders making moves in the next year or so....

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  2. Bonnie Thomas

Registered

I remember watching Rosey Grier .. he's 83 now.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Definitely good for L.A.. As far as the fans goe in St. Louis, they'll get over it. Wife and I lived out there when both the Rams and Raiders were there. That was quite a few years before I met my wife.
    The Colts "snuck" out of Baltimore in the wee hours of the morning of March 1984. The Baltimore fans were pretty upset about the "sneak out", but they got over it.

Yes, like anything else this "day and age".........money talks and the rest walks (not exactly the way it goes, but).

4. Bonnie Thomas

Registered

On another note, a very hated man in Houston, Tx. until his death, was Bud Adams, owner of the Houston Oilers.
    He packed up the team in the late 90's, name and all, and headed to Tenn. (Long story there) The name died .. Titans were born.
    Starting a new franchise in Houston took some doing. In 2000, the Texans came to be, but getting up to par has been a struggle. The new owner (Bob McNair) is a business man, but not the greatest football mind ... so the waiting and wondering continues.

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds good to me! Actually I'm a die Hard Bears fan, also Cubs. Then since I've lived here in CA. For 12 yrs, also a 49ers fan. And of course my hometown Steelers!

Didn't St. Louis not too long ago build a new stadium for the Cardinals? I was at a game there once when visiting my son.

6. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I heard on the news that St. Louis still owes a bunch of money on the stadium. Must of been so anxious to get a team they failed to get the Rams to sign a long term contract. It should be interesting.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Bonnie Thomas

Registered

Well, that's gotta hurt! :mad: