Living In Assisted Living

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Lon Tanner, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

The widows are all interested in seeing and playing with my adopted cat Cranberry and sampling my wine stash at dinner.

Faye Fox and John Brunner like this.
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Adopting a cat named Canberry and increasing your wind stash to lure in the widows almost sounds illegal.

3. Lon Tanner

Registered

Here is Nedra-----A 97 year old doll from Texas & Evelyn NEDRA.jpg NEDRA.jpg EVELYN (1).jpg

Attached Files:

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  4. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Driving is so symbolic of independence, I'll be quite depressed when / if I have to give it up. Even tho my car is only 4 years old, and has less than 6000 miles on it because I don't need to go out much, it's a comfort to know I can. I still drive a stick but can see the day coming when that might not be a good idea. :(

John Brunner likes this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Just out of curiosity, Lon, do you know that you are doubling up on some of your photos? You have the same picture twice of the lovely 97 year old lady.

6. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Lon Tanner, your photos remind me of one of the assisted living places my mom lived in. I called it her year round high class summer camp.

7. Lon Tanner

Registered

I don't do it on purpose. I am not always adept at uploading and posting pics.

Cody Fousnaugh likes this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Glad to hear you are finding some meal companions Lon...hope it takes you where you want to go.

John Brunner likes this.
  9. Lon Tanner

Registered

Thanks Babs---I will be 87 in July and don't plan on going any where. I will remain right where I am until my last breath. I am very fortunate that my Non Hodgkins Lymphoma is in Partial Remission and my Rheumatoid Arthritis is not severe with pain.

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I know that you have been wanting companionship Lon where you are Lon and I'm glad you are finding that in your home.

11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Correction: Cranberry and wine

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds like a song..... ♫the Days of Cranberry, Wine and Roses. ♫ :)

13. Lon Tanner

Registered

We have had three residents fall in their apartments this past week. All were taken to the hospital for a check up as a safety measure and then returned back here. I myself tripped on a throw rug three years ago and cut my head. I was taken to the hospital and checked out and then returned. As the members of SO already know, you don't have to live in AL to experience a fall. Just being a SENIOR can do it.

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm glad no one was seriously hurt Lon. Falls are definitely something that come more often as we age so we need to be aware of this and maybe make some adjustments in our homes so we are less liable to have this happen to us. Safety bars in the tub or shower along with mats to keep to from slipping while you're bathing or showering are helpful and necessary precautions as we age. We also use night lights more often in the rooms we go through often. And we have removed some unnecessary throw rugs and other things that might be a hindrance to my husband's poor eyesight and my aging body too.

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I hate that question when I go to the doctor's office because if I trip and fall now, it will be interpreted as a malady of growing old when, in reality, it's not like I had never fallen before I turned fifty. I spend time in the woods, so I trip over logs or get tangled up in brush, and fall, mostly because I am paying attention to the things around me rather than the stuff right in front of me. Or I might fall down the stairs because I'm running or trying to carry fifteen bags of groceries at the same time. But if I admit that I have fallen since the last time I saw the doctor, it will be duly recorded in my medical record, so I lie about that stuff. Now if I were to fall because of a sudden onset of weakness, or if my legs gave out, or if I passed out and fell, that would be another thing.

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.