Life With A Pacemaker

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Joe Riley likes this.
  2. Susan Paynter

Susan Paynter Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

So sorry to hear your having problems again Yvonne. May our Lord lift your stress, fill you with His peace and perfect that which is concerning you. FB_IMG_1639348615093.jpg

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Thinking of you, @Yvonne Smith . Hope you are feeling OK. When do you see the doctors?

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Tomorrow I have an appointment at the Heart Center, and both my cardiologist and my electrophysiologist have looked at the results that the pacemaker sent in.
    So, by tomorrow afternoon, I should have a better idea what they think they can do to get my heart back in rhythm again, and if it is possible.

6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and hoping everything goes well.

7. Yvonne Smith

Okay, back home from the cardiologist appointment, and here is what he said. For right now, he is going to adjust my medication to help control the heart from racing at high speeds, and even though it will still be in a-fib, he hopes it will keep my heart rate under 100.
    Happily, he immediately took me off of the Amioderone, which is a good thing, because it is such a dangerous drug, but was necessary to help keep my heart in rhythm. It won’t put it back in rhythm once it goes out, so there is no reason for me to take it now. It damages liver and kidneys, so I am glad not to have to take it anymore.

He will set me up and appointment with my electrophysiologist, and once Dr. Tabereaux goes over the pacemaker readouts, they will decide whether it is time to put in the second lead to the pacemaker, and do the AV node ablation.
    Because of the heart being in arrhythmia , and also the loss of energy, I am not even going to try and swim or do any strenuous exercise until we get this heart thing settled again.

8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I certainly wish you the best, @Yvonne Smith !

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thanks for the update, @Yvonne Smith . I'm glad he's taking you off the Amioderone and I hope the medication adjustments will be sufficient to get the arrhythmia controlled. Sending hugs and my best wishes to you.

10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I'm so sorry you're going through this, but glad you have good people looking at all your options.

11. Yvonne Smith

Bobby was just telling me that he has been reading about the dangers of smart meters for people with heart problems, and how it can affect pacemakers.
    Our meter is now a smart meter, and it is on the side of the house just outside of where my little computer desk and chair are at, so I am close to it all day.
    Bobby said he can make a faraday cage around it with some aluminum foil and we can talk to the power company about changing back too a regular meter.
    Here is a shocking video about one mans experience with the smart meter literally stopping his heart and pacemaker. His has a defibrillator, so it also started his heart back up and saved his life.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  12. John Brunner

This is frightening, but I'm glad you're aware of it.

13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

After some discussion, we figure that the man in the video had an older model of pacemaker in which even microwaves were considered to be dangerous. Remember the signs in restaurant windows? “ Microwaves in Use”.

I do not have the equipment to measure RF but from my understanding the Smart Meters do emit some pretty strong signals and they are omnidirectional.
    I’m going to slide some shielding in the back of the box the meter is housed in and around the meter to prevent further leakage around the meter but leaving the face open for transmission to the utility company.

Now, there’s no way to know if the meters are indeed dangerous to life as well as other electronics but every box checked off on my mental sheet of possible antagonists toward my wife’s life is another thing we don’t have to worry about.

It could be something akin to the warning we get about holding our cellphones up to our ears too long, possible sterility for guys who hold their lap tops on their laps or about 5G networking or it could be much ado about nothing but possibilities are things that can come to realities so I’m not taking any chances.

14. John Brunner

Every time a subject like this comes up, I try to find a Reader's Digest cover I recall that shows people standing under high-power lines holding glowing florescent tubes in their hands, energized by the EMF radiating from the lines. Common sense tells us it can't be good.

You might want to watch this 4 minute video embedded in this article. Aluminum mesh screening (the stuff you get at Lowes for repairing window screens) works better than foil at blocking the waves (like the mesh embedded in your microwave door's glass panel), and it might be easier for you to shape, bend and work with, since it won't rip like foil.

15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The screen mesh is something recommended on YouTube also and yeah, we did the fluorescent thing in science class way back when.

There’s actually a lot more on the subject and a lot more people signing on to the problem. So many that Amazon has a plethora of products specifically designed for emf blocking.
    I’m ordering a roll of pad like material ($11.00) which is embedded with a mesh of copper.
    I’m also thinking of ordering an emf and rf meter for measuring how strong it really is around the house.

The recent episodes of tachycardia my wife has had leads me to believe that something is screwing with her but even her doctor said yesterday that just a moment of being scared is enough to set her heart off to the race tracks.

On the lighter side, one of the thoughts for the reason we say the words, “bless you” after a sneeze was because of the belief that the heart stops momentarily during a sneezing episode. Yvonne sneezes a lot so who knows, maybe a sneeze set it off.