Life In Our Assisted Living After Taking The Vaccine

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

p.s. from a century of vaccine history - that has and will make things worse for many, not better.

Besides, it is not needed to prevent infection. For many articles/ examples, see "thesilveredge.com/articles" covering many epidemics and hundreds of years successful ways.

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Jeff Elohim ..seriously?
    And I Think people who think they Know something for a fact normally don't know Jack Crack.
    Kinda like the boasted of sexual prowess.....usually a wishful virgin thinking.

Jeff Elohim likes this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

:(

4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

My post was merely to explain what is happening here where I live.

5. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Cool, thanks.
    It is happening all across the country, also, I reckon. This forum is one of the few forums I've found where the honest options can be discussed, and the politics (spun or fake news) have been exposed.

I believe people ought to have access to all that may help, and they ought to have a choice , they ought to be given a choice, what to do; not just told what to do. Sort of like "full disclosure" in legal proceedings...

Full disclosure concerning health can have "miraculous" unexpected results... the best results, when people are told the truth in full, and not under censored mandates like this year.

Lois Winters and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Several members already, for months, have posted enough with links and references from doctors and other scientists that no one here has an excuse , really, not to yes, know, seriously, what I posted.

Read and see the statistics and the methods and the results and even the expose's of things this year,
    and you may know also - there is no guessing involved at all.... just revealing the facts, as noted already,
    as posted many times already by several members, as published all year... though highly censored, still available for anyone seeking the facts.

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Most of us got that. Keep safe, Lon.

8. Mary Miller

Mary Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Lon, I was curious as to how well you feel living conditions are being handled at your facility. Has it changed much this year? Do people get outside for sunshine and/or vitamin D3 supplements? Are people socially distanced so much so as to cause loneliness? Of can you get together for a game of scrabble now and then?
    Is the food good?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Lon Tanner

Registered

Prior to COVID 19 living here has been like living at a upscale hotel with all the amenities and Gourmet Meals. Management has done a remarkable job since COVID 19 of protecting us and keeping us from dying of boredom. We have had to Self Isolate off and on which makes going outside difficult. Hopefully we will be getting the Vaccine in a couple of weeks and living here can start returning to Pre COVID.

10. Lon Tanner

Registered

This has been my third Xmas in Assisted Living and because of COVID 19 a very strange and different one.
    My hats off to the management and care takers that have been catering to our needs during these most difficult times. It's been difficult for everyone and I am looking forward to PRE COVID Care resuming once this Virus thing subsides and is over. Yes it's expensive, but thanks to several good pensions and insurance I have had no financial concerns. Considering that I can no longer drive I am happy to enjoy a large measure of independence and decision making.

11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm glad you are happy and made the right decision for yourself, Lon. Happy New Year to you.

12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Lon Tanner, I know you wrote that you guys are getting the vaccine fairly soon but has the staff alluded to how long after that you will be able to hit the mess hall (dining room) again or visit with friends at the home?
    The news has been pretty bleak about it thus far. They are saying that even if a person gets the shot that they have to wait for 2 weeks for it to take and even then they’re saying that all the same preventative rules will still apply: e.g. masks, social distancing, warnings about traveling and social gatherings etc.

Maybe the staff there is better informed and has some better news?

13. Lon Tanner

Registered

I will post once I know. I want to use our fitness center again.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I know how you feel. It seems that working out or just plain exercise is a lot more fun at a fitness center. I don’t get very excited doing pushups in the middle of our floor at 0500. Better at the gym.

Thomas Stearn likes this.
  15. Lon Tanner

Registered

I just see one of them as they practice in different parts of town. They are both locals that were born and raised 15 miles from here. Both are nice caring guys.

basraon.jpg basraon-2.jpg