Kind Of Quiet On Here Lately

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Chrissy Cross, May 3, 2017.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Well it's summer, and it's been hot, and even though I've spent a lot of time outdoors, I'm still trying to post as much as I can guv'... I hope that's ok with you guv'nor Ken.. I'll try a bit harder, but please don't set the dogs on me if I manage to fit in 5 minutes sleep in between postin's ... I'm doin' ma best...

2. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Yep, I do. Couldn't have been anything else. I just thought: What an announcement!

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Are you becoming a Dictator Ken....or just blowing a lot of hot air? ;):)

Yesterday (Saturday) I was enjoying the SVU marathon that I like to watch while reading a new book I got from the Library during commercial times. Then my Honey wanted me to park our car under the Oak tree so he could wash it...now that they have a concrete driveway there for the new duplex it makes a perfect spot for washing the car...until someone moves in there.

I made chili and coleslaw for our main meal and posted a short post in the Good Morning section...and then I took the rest of the day off as I was tired from babysitting my grandson, bringing my Honey to and from work, going to the bank to deposit his check, and running the rest of our errands. Life is sometimes just to good and I find I need lots of little mini vacations to build up my energy for each day. Oh yeah...I did go to Rouse's too and pick up a frozen turkey breast for 99 cents a pound as I have been waiting for them to advertise at that price.

As for my grandkids...the heck with Skype of Facetime if I can have real time with them. They do change from day to day and at my age I can't afford to miss any of those changes, nor do I want too. :)

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

According to the song, even Mr. Ed (the horse...of course) didn’t say anything unless he had something to say.

Just as a suggestion @Ken Anderson, perhaps you might take a small bit of your fingertip numbing day and produce a working schedule. You can even start issuing weekend passes whereby those who have made their quotas during the past two or three weekends may take some time for watering the flowers and possibly a conjugal visit with their mate.
    Those who do not have a pass can write assigned postings in the threads that show neglect which should tidy up the place considerably for the normal weekday musings and perhaps even don an extra robot or two.

Perhaps you can even appoint a captain of the keyboards! Someone who watches closely and chastises those who are asleep at their computers or playing war games instead of writing and developing calluses on their digits.

Organization I Say! Organization!!! Ya just can’t expect people to come to the call of duty without Organization!!
    Reveille at 0500 hrs and See the Colors at 1700 hrs. No exceptions!
    Ya just have to make it clear what the duty of each person is!

Ah, the smell of typewriter ink and carbon paper in the morning is envigorating!

Oops, me thinks I got a bit over exited. Time for my pills...........

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Well today we are 104 so I'll be inside all day but do need to pack up,a few things since I'm leaving tomorrow very early for my daughter's.

I'll need to be excused until Wednesday afternoon.

Although I'll get on here with my morning coffee as usual the next few days will be busy.

Just hope everyone doesn't miss me too much...maybe with me gone @Cody Fousnaugh will return. :)

Holly Saunders and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Just to let you know, I still "check in" at times. Believe me, Chrissy, it wasn't because of you why I left. Just "bowed out" for awhile, not necessarily permanently.

7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

One other suggestion if I may @Ken Anderson. To my knowledge, Yvonne and I are the only two people who are participating couples on SeniorsOnly. Perhaps the others might invite their mates for a weekend vacation right here in hometown Seniorsville!
    People could just sit together and cuddle whilst viewing the pictures on the good morning thread and while away the weekend hours writing and talking about what to write next and which thread to provide their feedback.
    Just think of the fun of sitting at a keyboard instead of planting posies or playing golf!

Holly Saunders and Ken Anderson like this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Ken was just wondering or could have been teasing. That's one of the personalities problems I have, can tease, but can't take it so much.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yeah, I have a hard time getting my wife in here. I even tell her that I am talking bad about her so that she needs to defend herself, but that doesn't help.

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes...couples weekends. :)

Actually @Patsy Faye's hubby is on here but sticks to the games.

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Just teasing. Weekends are always slower than weekdays, and things tend to slow down in the summer too, both for logical reasons - because people don't have their priorities straight. ;)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Dern! I was having so much fun mentally marking on the blackboard how many caught the tease and how many took it to the extreme. Now you went and clarified things so now I have to do something else to amuse myself!

Oh well, time for my shake, meds, supplements and all that other jazz. Gotta keep my thumbs healthy for the ipad.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Personally...I have been too busy latley to post much.Today was watering my outside plants and made a decision. Daughter who just move away is due bavk Fri. am sending her home with the bigger ones. Just to hard to move them around especially during winter. Will stick with the smaller ones.
    Hope to get my car back Wed. may start runing around some then.
    It is just so very hot this year and earlyier than usual, so with be out long.

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I usually know Ken is teasing...he has a low key and subtle style of humor....the type I actually prefer.

I think Ive only seen him get really angry once on here...and that was in a religious thread with me....I still remember it. :)

15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Since there are a few folks right here, I mean, instead of everywhere else, I mean, before I go about my day, I have, uh, I mean, a question.
    Why, when people are having a, uh, verbal conversation do they say, “ I mean” before they say what they wish to say? It’s certainly more aggravating than “uh” but like “I mean” it’s never written. I mean, uh, why?

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.