John Birch Society

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Lois Winters, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

The John Birch Society is still alive and well today. They are still opposed to immigration, free trade and the United Nations.

2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I guess I thought of them as people with more money than sense.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was a member for more than ten years, and the John Birch Society is not at all what their detractors would have you believe. They are not opposed to immigration, but they are opposed to illegal immigration. They are not opposed to free trade, but they are opposed to giving other countries an advantage, and they have every reason to dislike the United Nations. Every true American should hate the United Nations.

I quit the John Birch Society because they withdrew their support for an annual Camp Constitution that had proven results, and I thought that was very short-sighted. What better way to bring about actual change than to open the eyes of people when they are young, exposing them to something other than the indoctrination they receive in school every school day? Instead, they spend their money printing books and magazines that will be read only by people who are already on board with what they are saying. So, I quit because they had no real vision for bringing about the change that they write about in their publications. It was more of a book and magazine publisher, and a social club for conservatives. Instead, I have been making monthly contributions to Camp Constitution, which is operated by someone who I actually know, and which our nephew attended for two summers in a row while he was with us.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I've never been a member, but back in the 80s-mid 90s had friends who were.