Jodi Arias Sentenced To Life without Parole

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Hannah Davis, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

This is a high profile murder case that has taken place here in the state of Arizona. A woman by the name of Jodi Arias, was accused back in June of 2008 of brutally murdering her on again off again boyfriend Travis Alexander.. Arias tried to flee from authorities but was apprehended and arrest later that year. Last year after a lengthy trial she was found guilty of first degree murder.

Then came the penalty phase which held either the death penalty, life in prison with no chance of parole or life in prision with a chance of parole after a certain amount of time served. Again there were arguments from both sides including Arias making her own plea for her life. In the end the original jury couldn't come up with a sentence and were adjourned with an new penalty phase trail was rescheduled for this year with a new jury being assembled.

After hearing the evidence presented in the new penalty phase trial the new jury couldn't reach the decision of the death penalty because of one hold out juror. This poor juror was raked over the coals by the public and the new media for saying no to the death penalty. Mainly because at that point the decision went to the judge in the case which meant the death penalty was no longer on the table, so everyone was upset, and my feeling was why are they so upset name me one woman on death row in the state of Arizona who was actually put ot death, sound of circkets, exactly there has never been one. Women got to death row and they stay there for decades so what was the big deal here? Anyway, last week the judge gave Jodi Arias life with no chance for parole, and we would think that would be the end of this. Think again though, it would see Arias and her attorneys are appealing the decision. I realize that is her option but if she really was as sorry for what she did as she claimed in court and actually feels that she should pay for her crime then she should subject closed.

2. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I've been following this case, and I am really happy that she was found guilty. I don't understand why one juror was "sympathetic" to her, and spared her the death penalty. At least she won't be able to do such a heinous thing again!

3. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

To be honest I don't know all that happened here. One thing is certain from what was revealed there wasn't anything in Arias past that said she was prone to psychotic behavior. So, who knows what caused her to snap here, and snap she did no doubt about that. In any case, I don't know why the juror was a hold out but that was their perrogative, in any case, my issue was how everyone was so outraged by it. I was like even if she had been given the sentence of the death penalty it wasn't going to happen anytime soon, if even at all for that matter. Truth be told no woman in the state of Arizona who has been on death row has ever been put to death.

4. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Yeah I agree. I didn't care whether she got the death penalty or not. I'm just happy that she didn't get away with it. It was such a horrible crime, and they had her dead to rights. Justice is served here.