Is Peace At Hand

Discussion in 'Tall Tales & Fabrications' started by Bill Boggs, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

President Biden has recently signed an agreement with Angela Merkel, head of the Germany government, to arm Germany
    with more nuclear weapons to prevent war between Russia and Europe. Biden believes Germany and the USA can defeat
    both Russia and China when the time comes. Biden believes the time is near and is going ahead with long held Pentagon
    plans to arm our allies and prepare for an inevitable conflict.

Biden and Merkel met privately last month to review strategy. It was decided Germany and her allies would hold off Russia leaving the U. S. a free hand in a head to head duel with China. Biden said we’d keep our plans close to our vest to ensure secrecy. The final defensible agreement will be signed in Washington on July 4th.

Do you think war is inevitable or is peace at hand?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    Brian Naginoth likes this.
  2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I sincerely hope that peace is at hand. If nuclear war comes, it will be the end of civilization for ..... maybe thousands of years. If any of humanity survives.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If anything like that scenario happens then yes, after we kiss our rear ends goodbye we will indeed be at peace. RIP…..

Arms from the U.S. will not stop Russia from cutting off the fuel supply Germany needs and relies on so what good are arms when Germany comes to a complete stop? The EU as a whole imports 69% of it’s natural gas from Russia so they’re out too.
    We certainly can’t help with fuel because Biden has crippled the U.S. fossil fuel production and we will soon need to import the stuff ourselves.

Now, as far as the U.S. military versus the Chinese goes, our ground game is totally out numbered and we do not have half the equipment the Chinese have. Their Navy is stronger and their ability to strike from the air is about the same as ours.
    At the present time, our government is too busy cutting the military budget and with CRT and the Trans debacle to go into any kind of real war.

Edit and note: If one remembers correctly, Germany was the most militarily advanced nation on the planet in WWII and couldn’t beat the poorly equipped country of Russia. Since WWII, the U.S.S.R. became a joint superpower with the United States and now China has joined that distinction so what makes anyone think that Germany or the entire EU can defeat Russia or we can defeat China?

Glad this thread is in “tall tales”.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It's Biden. When he says "nuclear" he really means "Everclear."

btw: Your hair smells marvelous!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

There won't be any winners .

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Brian Naginoth

Brian Naginoth Well-Known Member
    Registered

Peace as defined by cynics, is the thin time slice between wars. They need it to brainwash parents to send their children off to die for the greater good (or the meme of the moment). Also have to make bigger and more effective killing machines and ammunition.

But what if Earth was enveloped with a mist part sedative, part truth serum, part euphoric that changed DNA permanently? Everyone in a permanent state of bliss. Joyfully working to till the fields, harvest the crops, and cook a universe of recipes. The truth serum parts meant no one could lie, so all the governments, organized crime, thieves and rogues are shunned globally. Now that's a tall tale I would like to experience. Oh yes. No more wars because they are too blissed-up.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I do understand the premise and in theory it might be a good thing and an interesting concept regarding idealism. But…

Note that if everyone told the absolute truth each time they opened their mouth, the very seed of offense and discontent will have been planted.
    The first time one single husband says, “that dress makes you look fat”, or someone tells the wrong person he is a moron then NASA, we have liftoff. I’ve seen people who are so stoned they couldn’t remember their own name but they could still be offended given the right trigger words.

Whether or not one believes in the Biblical narrative of the introduction of evil into the world is irrelevant. If anything else it serves as a paradigm of how little it takes to corrupt perfection.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    Babs Hunt likes this.
  8. Brian Naginoth

Brian Naginoth Well-Known Member
    Registered

We have two ears to listen. One mouth to speak. Listen well and understand before we speak. Under a universal truth serum be it chemical, spiritual, or cyber based, I think that "mist of miracles" would likely contain brain-enhancers to allow you to see the consequences of your speech. The Bible tells us words can be mighty weapons, so use with caution. Mechanical truth serum? Maybe the Gold Lasso used by Wonder Woman. Not a big comic fan, but I don't think her "truth rope" ever started WWIII. What would happen if elected representatives could no longer lie, to their supporters, Congress or Parliament without being made on the spot?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Though I like your idealistic imaginings, I’m a man whose imagination dwells on possibilities.
    God gave man and woman a utopia, a perfect world as it were with only one way to screw it up. They screwed it up.
    But alas, not to be utterly dismayed, my Bible tells me that it will once again be a utopia with the Son as our King.

On the idea that somehow politicians will be denied the capability to lie is amusing but in my vocabulary, politician and liar are interchangeable.

Nice thoughts though Brian! Fantasy is a world I rarely go to but it has it’s purposes and maybe one purpose is to give us hope or at least, a good dream.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  10. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Everyone in a permanent state of bliss. Joyfully working to till the fields, harvest the crops, and cook a universe of recipes.

Isn't that called slavery? Whether the slaves can be forced to be happy or not is irrelevant , I think.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

World war will be different this time.
    We are out manned and out armed by China. They have basically proven they can infect the world with virus. I am pretty sure that they can hack their way into anything they want to. Shut down the electric infrastructure and we will all be stumbling around like my hubby when the internet goes down. Let alone not having light, heat, air conditioning, water, communication or anything that needs to be transported. HAARP (?) can use climate to screw stuff up . As divided as we are for now, we will be fighting ourselves without necessities. China can stay home and watch Gilligan's Island.
    And now I read it is THE time to pass legislation to remove all privately held guns as the Democrats are in power, for the most part. (UN small arms treaty)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Even in Fairy Tale land there is always good and evil. And there always will be until Jesus destroys evil forever.