Is Abortion Ok? Yes / No

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Silvia Benoit, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

1. Is this one the proper place for this thread?
    2. I am pro-choice.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Very much pro-choice.

Silvia Benoit likes this.
  3. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

I'll give three guesses where I stand! I would never have one myself, but I will never tell a 13 year old pregnant girl (or any woman for that matter),what she can or cannot do with he body. If you believe that abortion is a sin, I suggest that you not have one, but mind your own business otherwise

4. Silvia Benoit

Registered

See, Cody? Finally we agree on something. :)

Cody Fousnaugh likes this.
  5. Silvia Benoit

Registered

I completely believe you when you say "I won't have one myself". :)...and I agree 100% with the rest of your post.

6. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

This is the first thread I've seen on SO that gives me hope. Once upon a time in a universe far far away, I explored the options, just in case. Emergency preparedness is a good thing.

7. Silvia Benoit

Registered

Thanks.

Now..........would you care to ": develop" your say on the subject

D'Ellyn Dottir likes this.
  8. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

No it's no Ok...the killing of an unborn is never ok...They don't happen ny chance.

9. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

All creatures in the animal kingdom have young the same way. We don't know what thinking capabilities they have.
    A human women has the ability to plan her own life, to make her own decisions and should have the right to to exercise
    her choice. Men have ruled the roost so long, some much dislike it when women go their own way, make their own
    decisions I believe if it were not for religion, there would be no objection. But of course I could be wrong. Some thin
    killing of an child is murder but that is the only type of murder they would object to or be outspoken about. Some think there is a God plan. Yeah, really? Not that it is
    important what I think about abortion, it isn't. I believe and would vote that it is a woman's right. Should the government
    pay for it. It's okay by me. I think Warren got it right., which probably will be overturned in the next couple of years and will stay that way for some years. Why? Because the pendleluim swings back
    and forth. Who among us has it right? I guess it comes down to why do we care.

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Anyone who thinks this is a "yes/no" question hasn't researched the topic.

11. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

It's up to the Mama.

H.P.

12. Silvia Benoit

Registered

Is your opinion and I respect your right to express your feelings...........Noe, when a victim of rape -young or older- asks you "Why do I have to go trough the pregnancy / delivery......with all the risks both involve...for something I didn't ask / desire? Why do you want to force me to rise a child whose genetics -at least 50%- is faulty? Why do you want to cut / change my chances to decide what / when I want certain things in my life?

WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THE VICTIM?

Sheldon Scott and D'Ellyn Dottir like this.
  13. Al Amoling

Registered

Before you use that as an excuse you might research how many times that happens in the grand scheme of things..

14. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I could be hard core and say that no one, -- including no organization, no church/mosque/synagogue/religious group, no government -- who can't get pregnant should have any say on this problem.

And no one who has never been a rape victim should get to decide for one who is.

And no one outside of a couple facing a pregnancy with severe genetic anomalies should have authority over a heart wrenching decision to terminate.

And no one but the couple having to choose between the life of the mother or the baby should have any power to make a choice different from the couple.

That said, I do acknowledge that, in my opinion, in some relationships couples should be talking it through. A woman should never be forced to carry if she's not ready, but a father's views should be heard, even when the couple is not married. If a woman is not ready to parent, perhaps an alternative solution can be found if the father can parent. It needs to be discussed.

I think it's a complicated issue. I think the psychological trauma and financial burdens of an unplanned pregnancy are not considered in the equation nearly enough and that often results in child abuse and domestic violence situations. I think, in general, people who advocate anti-choice positions and pressure women to go against their right to choose are hypocritical when they turn around and rant against welfare and other supports for children and mothers who are destitute.

But Sylvia, don't get me started. :mad::rolleyes:

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  15. Al Amoling

Registered

O'd like to point out that doctors are not infallible when it comes to a possible abnormal bitrth. My bought was told on 2 occasions that she should abort h=becuase there was something wrong ans=d the baby would not be normal. that was 2 f=different doctors, 'well the are gboth normal 20 somethings now.