Incontinence

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Hal Pollner, May 15, 2021.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Do any of you have this jolly condition?

I'm too embarrassed to admit that I have it, so I won't.

Ken Anderson and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The oldest help in the usa that I know of , works best and especially for children, is a half-teaspoon to one-tablespoon of honey before bedtime.
    For people all the time of every age, sufficient or extra minerals in bio-available form helps almost every condition.
    A kinesisologist (oops) can do testing to determine what is lacking or what is unbalanced, or what is toxic,
    and thus work towards fixing the cause , instead of the symptom.

3. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Not yet fortunately.

4. Hal Pollner

Registered

Jeff, I'll try the Honey tonight!

Thanks,

Hal

5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, from time to tim.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Mildly. It's an offshoot of weak bladder muscles for me, which cause other issues, like frequency and urgency.

Quite frankly, there are things about aging I would rather just accept than try to remediate by subjecting myself to procedures or certain medications, as long as the condition is not life-threatening.

Ain't no shame in making it far enough for the engine to start burning a little oil.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I'm not there yet but I will admit that there are times when I have barely made it to the bathroom in time, whereas I was once able to safely ignore an urge to go for hours.

8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

A few years ago when I was having so many issues particularly with my liver, I came close to camping out in the doniker. The liver is the body’s chemistry lab so if it isn’t right, nothing is right.

Best thing to do is to report it to the doctor especially if it is suspected that there is blood involved and if it continues beyond a couple of days.
    Diarrhea is a small issue and one we face several times in our lives but incontinence is a whole different thing.

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

You see all these commercials for meds and procedures that already have the issue diagnosed as though there's only one possible cause, then you see a real doctor and realize there can be lots of different things going on. I thought my issue was my prostate because of my age, my gender, and my television. All those commercials advertising specific procedures to make me go like a fire hydrant again. Turned out to be weak bladder muscles. There are no commercials for that (other than that private pilot's catheter commercials) because there's no "fix it" procedure or med for it.

I think of that annoying overactive bladder commercial where the organ drags the woman around by her hand. Heck, there are lots of things that can cause frequency and urgency that a pill's not gonna fix.

And even at that, I've posted my tribulations elsewhere where one doctor was beating me up to self-catheterize or completely lose the ability to go without assistance, while a second opinion said "I got patients who have lived with that condition for years and chosen to do nothing about it with no ill effects." It's frustrating to have these kinds of issues with no set universal opinions on treatments. But don't let that stop you from getting a professional diagnosis, Hal. And depending on what it is, get a second opinion without delay (I fretted for 6 months.) Even if you decide to "do nothing," at least it will be an informed decision with the issue quantified.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Hal Pollner

Registered

HEY JEFF,

I tried a tablespoon of Honey and had to visit the Bartholomew only twice during my 7 hour sleep!

Thanks for the tip!

Jeff Elohim likes this.
  11. Jeff Elohim

Registered

yw!

There is even more and better good news also, always proven, always causing no harm. Kind of locked behind closed doors though, partly for legal reasons.

12. Hal Pollner

Registered

13. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Before 1950, for a long time,

doctors, licensed, and other health givers were allowed legally to tell people what was wrong with them, and what to do about that.

After 1950, the drugmakers, wanting more money, bribmed congress, etc, and got them to pass laws making that illegal.

At least if it was one of the 'new' names for some or any illness, legally defined as described by the drugmakers lackies,

then it became illeegal for other licensed professionals to tell people what was really wrong, and how to fix it. - they are obligated to this day, today, to do what the drugmakers instruct/ teach/ protocols, for everything from hart burn (cooked bunny?) , to Yes Sir! Can Sir ! .

That's why every one of the doctors, clinics, hospitals, specialty and other, that other members checked out as a possibility use THE SAME protocol, THE SAME treatment, THE SAME procedures, all under the auspices of the drugmakers, instead of what is best.

Oh, if they had LOOKED for other ways and methods and places not recommended by the drugmakers, THEN they MIGHT have found the
    best available thing to do, without losing hair, without nausea, without eoxicity, without any negative side effects at all - only one that is -
    to the pocket books of the drugmakers and politicians paid off by them.

For examples what direction to look , get an original copy of Jethro Kloss "Back to Eden" if you can find one - it is worth more than $100,000 in modern medical treatment !

Also possibly, and easier to find, one of the older publications of "Folk Medicine" by a licensed doctor in the New England area. (Vermont I think).

And finally, a most popular for the last 60 years encyclopedia of cures used (by doctors or anyone) before 1950 , "All ur health qustions answereed naturally" by Mureen. (a bit mis-spelled for the search engines don't ya know!

It may take a few years to gather and go thru the mountains of information , but love it and learn as you go, it is certainly worth it for anyone who wants to "escape the medical madness" that's most prevalent today.