I Woke Yesterday With This On My Mind

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Don Alaska, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

When I awakened yesterday, the Prayer of St. Francis was going through my head. I have no idea why this happened. I then went to church, and the pastor used that very prayer in his sermon relating the passage in Mark where Jesus sends his disciples out with nothing but one tunic, a walking stick and sandals. According to the preacher, that passage is what inspired the prayer, and the prayer, in turn, was picked out as the motto of the Sisters of Charity, Mother Theresa of Calcutta's order and the prayer appears on the wall of every one of their missions. Message from God or reading someone's mind?

If you are unfamiliar with this prayer, here is the link.

2. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've always liked the wisdom of that prayer.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't believe in coincidences in these types of situations, nor do I have any explanation.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Just wait patiently...if God has a purpose in this His Holy Spirit will unfold the whole plan to you.

Al Amoling likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Many years ago I was asked to participate in a multi-speaker revival which I accepted to do even though I would have to travel around 1,100 miles to get to the event and my scheduling would be tight.
    I took off in my RV meanwhile going over a message that was going on in my head. What I going to speak about was being changed dramatically as I drove down the road to the point that the new message was nothing like the original and something I never imagined I could ever come up or at least, never had.

Anyway, a couple of hundred miles short of my destination in Albuquerque, my RV started giving me problems so I had to stop and get it fixed at a truck stop. The problem was is that I was to speak that night, the first night of the revival but the repair work was taking too long for me to get there on time so I called the pastor and he said we’d just switch out nights and he’d take my spot.

Whilst waiting for my RV to be repaired I went over the message I was working on and decided to make some pretty extensive notes on the sermon which is something I rarely did. I didn’t know why I did it but I just did presumably to keep myself on track whilst speaking.

Long story short, I did get there and only about 30 minutes late but the praise and worship segment was finished and the pastor had started to give his message.
    Whilst he preached, I could barely contain myself and in some ways, I didn’t because even after the service I could barely see because I had spent the entire time crying.

Here’s the thing, when the pastor came to welcome me he held out his hand to shake mine but instead of shaking his I put my notes in his hand.
    He read them and the flood gates opened for him and still for me.

The notes I made were on the sermon he gave. The subject matter, every reference verse and even the examples….were exactly the same.

The Holy Spirit had proved Himself.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    Babs Hunt, Don Alaska and Jim Brown like this.