I Sold My Bike Today

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Yvonne Smith, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My oldest brother would do long-distance biking. He biked from the UP of Michigan to Colorado and back on his first long-distance trip, then from the UP to Texas and back, to Maine and back, and to Alaska and back. He was serious about biking. He had a bike that he could balance on one finger, and which cost a few thousand dollars.

On his first trip, to Colorado, he asked his kids if any of them wanted to go for a bike ride with him, without saying where he intended to go. Only his youngest son wanted to go. He was teaching at the time, so he had the summer off. He said he had planned on only a morning ride but decided to keep going. When his other kids complained that he had only taken Mike with him, he said, "I asked if anyone wanted to go for a ride."

Bill Boggs and Maggie Rose like this.
  2. Terry Coywin

Terry Coywin Veteran Member
    Registered

Have you consulted a doctor about this? To suddenly forget how to ride a bike is frightening to me. It's one thing to get on it and be all over the place because our skills have deteriorated with age, but to forget to know what to do. Well, that's something entirely different. Keep track of other incidents that may come up.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

4. Maggie Rose

Maggie Rose Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It's crazy cool what we can do when our bodies are strong and healthy. Awesome! As far as the other kids, oh well, he did ask. @Ken Anderson

5. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I decided that riding my Trike was more pleasant if I avoided running over my foot.

Harold I. Pollner
    010.JPG