How Did These Fads Start And Why?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Young ladies, in their 20's and above, that like young men with numerous tattoos.
    Young men, same age bracket, that like young ladies with tattoos.
    Young men that like to wear their baseball cap backwards (like a Catcher in baseball does).

Actually, I think this is much more of a "big city" type thing. I never once seen a young man, at a County Fair, showing livestock, with their baseball cap worn backwards.
    Have never seen young farm/ranch men/ladies with tattoos.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't like tattoos - or the cap worn backwards, there's something in the water I reckon :rolleyes:

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I like little boys with their cap backwards....as for tattoos...nobody I know has them nor likes them.

IMG_1801.JPG

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

A little boy we can excuse - a grown man ................nah

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't like tattoos on woman...that may sound sexist but I really don't.. I don't mind one or 2 tattoos on a man on their arms ..but not on their face or neck or hands.

As for the baseball cap being worn backwards I think that might have started with men trying to keep the hot sun off their neck... and then it became a fashion everywhere . I actually think that it makes people look a bit stupid lol

Patsy Faye likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

And, how would you, as a parent, feel if your nice “clean cut” son or daughter brought home a friend/girlfriend/boyfriend that looked like this (tattoo’s and ball cap backwards) to meet you?

As for wife and I, we’d be having a FAST private talk with the son or daughter.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Thing is, I don’t see any farm or ranch boys wearing there cap like that while driving a tractor in fields. Of course, I suspect, most folks in this forum have never been around farm or ranch teens, like I was. FFA and 4-H Clubs don’t put up with that kind of look.

8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

When we were at Lowe's picking up the additional rafter materials, I asked for help loading it atop my overhead pickup rack. Young guy showed up to help. Closest image I found was this:

[​IMG]

He gave the impression by his actions that he was gay. When he picked up a 2X8 X 16 foot Douglas Fir beam by "pinching" the edge with his fingers, like he was picking up a big cookie or something, I realized beneath his bulky clothing there resided a serious weightlifter's musculature! As we drove away, I remarked to my wife, woe be it to the guy who tried some "gay-bashing" on this fellow!
    Frank

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Still wondering about the reply I done above about being parents and having one of your teens or adult children show up at your home with someone who looks like this.

No matter how much many don't like it, and say it's not right, most people do judge others on how they look, what they wear and how they wear it. "Judging" is just part of life. Most high paying employers judge a prospective employee by their experience, education and........... how they look.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Actually, I think many folks, probably even some on this forum, would rather not comment due to being against "judging" people. Some have no problem judging others, neither wife or I do, then again there are those that refuse to judge others. When I was involved in rodeo, I got "judged" quite a bit, but simply brushed it off.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Well I don't care for tattoos no matter what the age...as for that cap, not something I think about or notice that much...we're not cap wearers...my SIL wears one when golfing.

Like I said, it looks cute backwards on some...just depends who is wearing it.

Grandsons will wear a sports type cap sometimes and that's it...just not a big issue in my life...neither are tattoos.

My motto is live and let live. Do whatever you want, just don't make me do it unless I want to...

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Our motto is........why? Why wear a cap backwards and why all the tattoos. Guess some of the teen, and older, girls like the “mancho-tough” look in guys and the guys, well haven’t got a clue why they would like a gal with tattoos up and down their arms.

We just don’t get it.

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

You don't have to get it. It's their body and their life.

Ive actually seen tattoos of farm life and scenes...not all
    Tattoos are macho tough....and I'm not defending tattoos, I don't like them but...

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017