How’s The Weather Where You Are?

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Ed Wilson, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I get this John, I recently was offered an apartment up in Eugene OR where my brother lives, it was nice, had a balcony, w/d, swimming pool, and I turned it down. I just couldn't move there with all the hustle and bustle. I think of moving but I think it's almost a hobby for me to explore other places I could live, and "oh wouldn't that be so much better", then I think about whether or not I would actually take advantage of all a bigger city has to offer. I mean like things that you used to do, because a lot of those things I may not go by myself.

Covid puts a damper on things for sure, but I was loosing interest in doing more on my own before that. I've traveled the US on my own, visited friends and family, sometimes was hired to do a job in another State and went for it, totally fearless, or maybe kind of stupid, but I loved the life. Now I love just being home, and I only think sometimes, how nice it would be to have someone to share that with. Then I think of all the reasons why I couldn't possibly live with another person, LOL!! Adjust to that after, what's it been, about 23 years now! But I do love having some roots, even if they aren't where I'd planned ;) Kind of a place where people wave, or yack with you in the markets ;)

John Brunner likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I lived in the same neighborhood outside of DC for over 45 years. I bought a house I used to deliver papers to and lived in it for over 30 years. The area grew and became a madhouse, but like that frog in the pot of water where the heat is turned up gradually, I kind of adapted.

Then I moved to this area. Things are slower. I can actually drive instead of sit. There are few stop signs and even fewer traffic lights. I brought my big city job with me, and had been here for one week when they jerked my chain to go back to the Mothership for a meeting. I got within 30 miles of my job and was only on the fringe of the mess, and my conscious thought was "I can't wait to get home." And "home" was this place I had only lived in for a week, not the crowded place I lived in for so long.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Gorgeous day; sunny and cold. Supposed to be 34 overnight.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Hot / humid wet ,we get on average 7-12 inches a rain a year .

However the town where my youngest son lives had 4 inches of rain on one day , we had about 2 inches in one day, no downpours just constant rain in our area . My son is about 800 km from me .

The soaking rain will bring up lots of Wheat / barley / oats / lintels in the famers paddocks that were dropped during harvest and cut down on the dusty conditions for us .

I believe this rain is the tail end of a cyclone that came very close to the Western Aust coastline
    (above South Aust )

Perth ( WA ) is about 3.000 km from us .

( we don’t get tornados Although we do get a very rare Mini tornado)

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  5. Kate Ellery

Registered

This is recorded rainfall up till 9 am this morning 23/1/22

6262090E-E3B7-4189-A6CA-81FE527269CD.jpeg

Don Alaska and Shirley Martin like this.
  6. Kate Ellery

Registered

The usually dry /parched rainwater / stormwater runoff area , the water normally evaporites before it gets a chance to rundown to the sea 1/2 km away . This right across the road from my home.

I’ll see if I can find a photo of what it normally looks like
    2D59942B-95B6-4581-A78E-263D5AB6C623.jpeg E15ABB69-3ED6-46BC-ACF2-49F0DE37F641.jpeg

7. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

We're supposed to have our 5-day winter this week. Lows down to possibly high 30s and highs in the 60s.

Now, where the heck are those socks?

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

60 degrees and sunny; supposed to rain tomorrow.

Denise Evans likes this.
  9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

We got about 4 inches of snow overnight Friday. We were down to 13º last night. None of it melted until today. There is not much of it left now.

Denise Evans likes this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

been out most of the day with my dog, and visiting neighbors that came out also. Still 67 right now, reached 70 a bit earlier, and no wind again. Usually on the coast where I live if the Sun comes out, so does the wind, so these, last, 2 days have been wonderful after all the fog, and rain we had.

11. Denise Evans

Registered

I just Google Earthed Perth WA!! Wow, Australia is HUGE isn't it!!!!!!!!! I'll never get to go there any other way than Google Earth ;) I'm cruising around Perth right now, lol!! I'm on Barrack Street ;) That Bell Tower is cool, and I'm down at the Hilton Water Front I think it says. oh man, I'll take that yacht at Captain Cooks Cruises!!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

13. Denise Evans

Registered

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It was 19 degrees today but it felt warm.

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  15. Kate Ellery

Registered

I’m in South Australia @Denise Happyfeet
    :)

Denise Evans likes this.