Houseplants

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Charlene Marolf, May 14, 2020.

1. Charlene Marolf

Charlene Marolf Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Does anyone have a green thumb? I love my houseplants. I have many things I enjoy, but I love watching my plants grow.My big problem--I don't have very many. Back in the day, I had about 80, but gave them away when I moved. Does anyone keep them? Have advice on how to obtain new ones? Advice on websites where you can get them inexpensively? The only place I have found them is in stores, and sometimes they die. I've bought a few, but I miss the days when you could get cuttings from friends.

I miss my plants.

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I did have many but am getting rid of all except real small ones. Just to much hassle for me anymore.
    I just take part of plants already have and regrow in water then move to dirt and pot later.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't have as many as I used to. I guess I just got tired of caring for so many. I put all the larger potted ones outside on the patio except for an ivy, a chinese evergreen and some herbs on the kitchen windowsill. I even planted a couple of scheffleras in my yard and they have done OK so far.