Holiday Foods

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by John Brunner, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

We both are burnt out on holiday foods for years. Last year we had enchiladas.
    In 2016 when the kiddos were over we had shrimp gumbo..our favorite with Texas Gulf Shrimp.
    This year am sure will just be us two..am thinking rib eye with all the fixings. I made chicken and dressing a few months ago and we have eaten the leftovers I froze since then .
    Works for us :)

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Butter my butt and call me biscuit! Aging has changed him. Just asked him and yes he wants a small somewhat traditonal Thanksgiving dinner this year. :eek:
    Hum, well guess I better git her done then :D

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Living alone, if I don't go to someone's house for Thanksgiving (and it's been a few years), I usually make a normal meal. This year I decided to do a turkey & all the fixin's. I'm baking a loaf a bread to make stuffing with (yeh,I know, but it sure will be good), and to have some good bread to slice for leftovers sandwiches.

The only thing I won't have is a pie, because I don't need to eat the whole thing by myself. I think I'll find a place to buy a slice or two.

Maybe all this disruption in our lives the past year has us all hankering for something familiar and traditional.