Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Marie Mallery, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

:D yea I got rid of that witch.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Welcome Marie---Nice to have you with us. You have nine more greats than me.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thank you Lon ,good to be here.

4. Marie Mallery

Registered

I don't spend as much time with the greats as I did with the grands. Not as much energy or patiance.I wish I did though. They are in Texas and Georgia. We don't travel as much now either partly becuase of pandemic lately but evn before we didn't as much.Also the grands would spend all summer here with us. Plus all holidays. Parents were glad for the break and knew they would be well cared for.

Lon Tanner likes this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Actually, when we lived here in Colorado before, I had a job working for a Senior Healthcare Company in Denver. We had Centers we'd bus Seniors to for doctor/dental appointment and other medical stuff. They would also be served lunch there and our buses would take them home later in the afternoon.

I was truly shocked at how many Seniors live in the Denver metro area and there are quite a few that live here in northern Colorado as well. Sort of funny, but when we returned here, there were some people that would make a somewhat sarcastic comment about our Florida vehicle plates. Didn't take us long to get those plates off of our vehicle and Colorado ones on.

And, on top of that, when we tell Seniors here, that got together for coffee at McDonalds, that we had just lived for 10 1/2 years in northeastern Florida, the only thing they'd say was "why?" Guess Florida isn't a very popular state to people here, just like numerous people in Florida don't even know where Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and surrounding states are. They know the Gulf States, Atlantic States and Southern States very, very well.

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

Oh yhey know where is Florida is alright,since most of their friends moved here or at least have a winter residence.:)

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

Basically kidding around and I'd live in midwest if I'd gotten old there instead of down south.