Hi-goodbye Coffee Opens It's Doors To Seniors, Only

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Joe Riley, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Still pouring rain here today. We needed the rain; but poor Bobby had to work on the Buick in between the rainstorms.
    After two trips and over $60, he finally got the necessary size tools to get the alternator belt back on @Joyce Mcgregor 's car; and took it back over to her house today; so she will not be stranded at home anymore.
    He is now taking his (much-earned) nap, and the soaked mechanic clothes are in the wash.

We had a busy day, even before Bobby fixed the car.
    He had a doctor appointment early this morning, and then we went to Walmart for wrenches (which turned out to be the wrong size), and then down to the fitness center, where Bobby works out and I swim and do the cardio walker machine.
    After that, we still had some energy to burn; so we made our monthly pilgrimage to Sam's Club and loaded up on the food that we buy from there.

Now, I am relaxing and working on deciding whether I should start crocheting another little rug, or go help Bobby with his nap.............hmm ?

Terry Page and Joe Riley like this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I understand, John! I guess you've been in enough hot water!;) Flo put a sign in the window, and we'll see what happens.

my1YsZEBMuRJUiSZftXBh3g (1).jpg

I hope you find a place near-by, and are able to stop in from time to time. The "new" Juke Box should be delivered by the end of the Month, and maybe you can give me a hand hooking it up. I don't expect them to break any records, delivering it.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    Terry Page likes this.
  3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Hey Joe, I like your new venture, and with all the happy customer, you'll soon be expanding. I've been looking for a comfy little place to get a decent meal.

I have found that this single living is hard on my eating habits. I have found that going to the gorcery store is wasteful, because I throw away more than half of what I purchase, then on top of that I have I very little appetite.

I'm big on two over easy eggs, two pieces of bacon, and hash browns. Is that an affordable meal, and is that all day, or just in the morning. Also, do you serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. or just breakfast?

With so many of my friends going to your cafe, and I sure many more will follow, you know I be an regular.

Ina

Terry Page likes this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning, Ina! We have been wondering where you have been. Shorty, our short-order cook, will make whatever you want. Our hours are 8 to 8, and in case you're early or late, the key is under the mat. Shorty is six foot tall, without hat, but he never comes up short on the portions! One advantage of a virtual venture, is that our vittles cost next to nothing, and we seldom have to throw away food. Buying and cooking for one can be a real chore, I agree! Shirley and Falcon were in yesterday, so you may bump into them when you come by again. Thanks for stopping by!
    breakfast_skillet.jpg c5271b2c7b0488563051fae7cdb1f210.jpg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Terry Page likes this.
  5. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

This is my first time here. I've seen your coffee shop but we don't eat out much. While I'm here I'll have a big mug of black coffee and my wife likes stevia and Irish cream in hers. Two eggs over medium, two big patties of J.C. Potters sausage, grits and biscuits and gravy for me.

I want to welcome Falcon and other new people, some I may know from somewhere else but can't place at the moment.

Terry Page likes this.
  6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Sheldon, glad to see you and the Mrs out this morning. Here's your coffee, your orders will be up "shortly". We have the bottomless cup, on black coffee here, so feel free to ask for refills.;)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Terry Page likes this.
  7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

By the way here's Shorty! He strained his wrist patting himself on the back, but he is on the mend. :)
    consumer-photos-020.jpg

Terry Page likes this.
  8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

9. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

Dave here, reporting in. Dreary day out there and Humid.:rolleyes: Got the air conditioner filter cleaned and flushed the camper toilet. Holding tanks need to be flushed now and then to keep things from getting sh...Took a run down to dumpster with a load of goodies. Busy, busy.

I picked up a load of donuts because I am the baker, and will deliver them in a few days. My mode of transportation is a little slow these days. I have posted a pic of my latest delivery van. Enjoy that second cup of coffee. Dave image.jpg

Terry Page likes this.
  10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Curb-side service....can't beat it, Dave! Had our own version of this, just this morning. Our phones stopped working after a lotta rain yesterday, and the phone guy, John stopped his truck at our "curb" around 9AM. I had to flag traffic while he took a ride in the bucket. He found the problem at the terminal at the pole across the road. Will schedule a flagging crew and then replace the terminal and service wire to the house. Funny thing was the internet stayed on all the while! His quick fix was to put a "raincoat" over the terminal. HaHa!

IMG_1528.JPG

Terry Page and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

images (6).jpg Attention Ladies!;) 2dcca7a08e27c943b73ab7f0713ec817.jpg

Ike Willis likes this.
  12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

iStock_000003767102Small.jpg
    2ilzmeu.png images (31).jpg
    Hi! Whenever you come through the door, feel free to put on the "Asst. Mgr." apron, hanging by the door, and carry the narration and greetings! As far as drinks...remember that Coffee is our last name!;)

13. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

image.jpg On the picture above, with the horse and wagon, the wagon was restored and seen at many events throughout he year. Around 1990, the Friehofers shareholders voted to sell to Kraft Foods, owned by Phillip Morris. The Friehofers fought tooth and nail to keep the company which they had started in the 1800s. You might say, the shareholders had big dollar signs in their sight and had their way..

Needless to say, the Big boys swallowed up another family owned company, and it was the start of cutting costs, no matter who got hurt. I toughened it out for nine more years until I retired. It was a great company to work for back in the 70s and 80s.

14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Dave, it sounds like you're having the greatest retirement, since sliced bread!! What a history! Thanks! :)
    348s.jpg download.jpg

15. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

It's Friday morning, and I seem to recall the days when Fridays came around like a friendly comet, in a tight orbit! After being retired for almost 8 years, my mantra has become "TGIT" Thank God It's Today! ;)

Early morning food shopping is on our agenda, this morning, and the door guy is stopping this afternoon to give an estimate for a new door and storm door to repace a side door. It looks like a sunny day ahead, so I might cut grass & was windows too. This calls for the "Farmers Breakfast"! HaHa! Coffee is hot and waiting for me, so I will mosy on down and start the day. Have a good today, yourself!

coffee-mug-clip-art-free-196851.png [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015