Have You Ever Attended A Seance And Spoken To A Deceased Person

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Lon Tanner, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Veteran Member
    Registered

My step mother had seances frequently in the lounge of her home attended by 10 to 15 people. I attended several and think it's all nonsense. One of the mediums told me that they thought I had the gift and should develop it. My step mothers involvement in Spiritualism ended the marriage. My father never bought into it.

D'Ellyn Dottir and Hoot Crawford like this.
  2. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Seance? Nope. But my dad has been gone for about 65 years, and I still talk to him almost every day. It is usually when I'm in the car alone. Dad doesn't answer back, though.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have never even thought of doing anything like this, and am not likely to do it. However, there is something similar that stands out in my memory.
    About 30 years ago, and soon after my mom and dad had passed away, my husband (who was shooting drugs at the time) said that he was standing in his bathroom and starting to get everything ready to inject the drugs into his arm.
    As he was doing that , he said someone stepped up behind him, touched him on the shoulder, and said (something like) “Son, please don’t do this anymore”, and he said it sounded just like my father, who might have reacted in just that way if he had actually been there.
    Soon after that. He went into the Teen Challenge program (which was actually for drug addicts of any age), and it helped him to stay sober for quite a few years after that.

4. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have not attended a seance per se, but do know several psychics who were both able to contact my birth father, who I never knew. I take their info with a grain of salt, but it was interesting that they confirmed each other's conversations without me telling anything about what the other had said.

Once, during a shamanic journey I was able to access the deceased adoptive parents of my half sister, and got some answers for her.

5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I speak to deceased people all the time in my dreams. I don't need a seance, shamanic journey, drum circle, or any of the disciplines that once were practiced by more primitive living people and misused today in a shameful way. Spiritualism was a cultural thing and I think when practiced by people, not of the same blood and living conditions as the original practitioners, then it loses its purpose. It became popular in the 1960s for people of wealth and entitlement to dabble in the spiritualism of the indigenous and other cultures that lived closer to the earth in a primitive way. It was almost always used to make money or form control cults which totally destroys any credibility in my opinion. Now it is used in politics. If a practitioner isn't of the blood, even distant, and didn't learn their spiritualism by oral tradition, I am not impressed. Old hippies from rich parents misappropriating cultural spiritualism don't impress me. My distant blood from American Indian and Prussian Romany (Gypsy but not the Hollywood stereotype), helped me understand oral tradition handed down to me by my folks and Grandparents. The oral traditions of my family were a blend of many cultures.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  6. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I agree about the misappropriation of cultural traditions by those who have no ancestral ties to the ancient spiritual wisdoms. There is an innate understanding of the deeper mysteries of these practices and their history that is passed down through the bloodlines and oral tradition that is essential and irreplaceable.

Faye Fox likes this.