Have My Dna Results

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Hedi Mitchell, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Ireland
    Primarily located in: Ireland, Wales, Scotland

Also found in: France, England

Ireland is located in the eastern part of the North Atlantic Ocean, directly west of Great Britain. A variety of internal and external influences have shaped Ireland as we know it today. Ireland’s modern cultural remains deeply rooted in the Celtic culture that spread across much of Central Europe and into the British Isles. Along with Wales, Scotland, and a handful of other isolated communities within the British Isles, Ireland remains one of the last holdouts of the ancient Celtic languages that were once spoken throughout much of Western Europe. And though closely tied to Great Britain, both geographically and historically, the Irish have fiercely maintained their unique character through the centuries.

Patsy Faye and Holly Saunders like this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

There is so much info on all this, can not post all. There are different types of DNA tests, and yes blood is one way. this is a salvia test. There is a
    totally different test for finding pre destin diseases .
    Have a few family members now ready to take the test also. According to Ancestry- example: You receive a percentage (50%) DNA from each parent
    but out of say the mothers 50 percent, it is again broken down into different categories - same with fathers. My brothers DNA, could show much of the same characteristic but vary to some degree. I am betting my brother would turn out to have a tad more Irish in him, than myself. Hope this info helps.

3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Drat it. You guys make me think everybody may be inspiring against me. Woe is me.

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Not me...I believe things are what they appear to be, so far nothing has happened to me to disprove this.

5. Bill Boggs

Registered

Ok, I feel safe now.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

:confused: did I miss something here?

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Bill Boggs

Registered

Not at all. Engaged my clutch and started my mouth rolling before I engaged my brain. Forgive the intrusion por favor.:(

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Scotland also speaks Gaelic...but a different dialect... but both Celtic languages and both countries are close..very close cousins, although Scotland is part of Great Britain, Ireland is not ..however Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom...

A close comparison for the USA would be...Northern Cuba belonging to the USA..and Southern Cuba being entirely independent with a different currency, but yet all speaking American English... except for a few remote parts where some ancient Spanish is still spoken or sung...

The comparison between the 2 Gaelic languages would be similar to Spanish and Portuguese, similar enough to understand a few words here or there... but not enough to be able to hold a conversation...

I am A Scot born and raised.. , but from 100 % Irish ancestry...:D

9. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders , sounds like a bit of espionage was going on in your family's history. :p :D

Holly Saunders likes this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Registered

My dad's family, back thru the ages, has always said they were Scots-Irish. Mothers side, the Quillins, or MacQuillins were Irish with a little English thrown in somewhere. That's the way I understands it. DNA might throw in a bit of Cherokee, I expects we're all cousins.

Ina I. Wonder and Holly Saunders like this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Ooo - how lovely :)

Bill Boggs and Holly Saunders like this.