Greenland Is Melting

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Craig Wilson, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

• Greenland's ice cap is melting, and that water is draining into the ocean, contributing to sea level rise.

• In July this year, it's estimated more than 30 billion tonnes of ice melted in three days

• Australian scientists have been able to use NASA satellites to accurately weigh how much ice is melting.. and their estimates are 68,401 kmĀ².. that is about the size of my nation's state of Tasmania.

2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Is that enough to cause the oceans of the world to rise appreciably? If all those 'Tasmanian Devils' were to swim
    over to the Mainland it might not be noticed at all. On the other hand, should it rise a few inches and spread among
    the great waters of the world, you down in the in the big down under might be the last to notice might be the last
    among the nations to notice and might it lower the temperature of the waters a tiny bit, all that ice water rushing to
    sea. Southern Florida and the Keys especially should notice. I wonder if that Washington State couch, who was at
    Texas Tech and before that at Oklahoma, and before that at Kentucky who has/had a home in Key West. I wonder
    if he still has that house in Key West. If there is a rise in the waters would he notice. Doubtful. He was always more
    interested in pirates than football or the glaciers of the world melting. If someone told him the oceans are rising and
    water is gettin into your den in Key West, he would no doubt say, "call my attorney, I'm busy." Here's hoping New
    Born harbor stays above water, which reminds me of a long ago movie, On The Waterfront and I think it starred
    Marlon Brando. Stay safe down there in the great
    down under but know it is cold in Greenland and probably snowing
    heavily and the creeks are still full and fast flowing that cold ice water into the sea. I wouldn't sweat it though, until
    Louisiana's marshes fill up and they have to close the Mcllhenny Plant that makes and bottles that Tabasco Sauce down
    there on Avery Island.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    Nancy Hart likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I wouldn't believe it unless I went over there to see for myself. There are few things that we're lied to about more often than climate change, and I'm not talking just about the media. "Science" has made a mockery of itself.

Bess Barber likes this.
  4. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

This is very true.
    Something about them no longer admitting some things are just a 'theory'.................:rolleyes:

Ken Anderson likes this.