Getting Ready For Winter

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Sheldon Scott, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It's winter here this morning for sure. My friend in Minnesota since us a message last night telling us it would be 25 below for them this morning. I can't even imagine that kind of cold...and I would never want to live in a place that has winter's like that. My old bones just could not take it.

My BIL temp in Colorado was 16 degrees a few mornings ago...I definitely would be hibernating in that kind of weather. :)

Everytime I think we are having a cold winter here in Louisiana...all I have to do is look at the Weather map for the upper States and I know this is summer compared to alot of places.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Getting ready for winter? Surely, in Alabama, one only needs to break out the sweaters and light coats, or so it would normally be.
    On this somewhat blustery morning, the morning of the New Year, it is 7 degrees with a wind chill factor of something below 0. Apparently, according to our good weather bureau, that is the way it is supposed to stay all day with a possible upward movement of the thermometer to about 20.

I do suspect that the polar like weather across the nation is the result of Al Gore's jets flying him all over to make speeches in order to prevent global warming. Or perhaps it is the U.N. initiatives that have turned the tide so dramatically that the coat makers of China are now doing double shifts in order to keep America warm.
    Either way, whatever they are doing in order to save the Polar Bears from extinction, it seems to be working except Alabama hasn't seen one of those white critters in uh..........never so they must already be extinct or hiding until the temperature drops another 30 degrees or so.

I wonder what Polar Bear tastes like? Probably a cross between the California Condor and the Spotted Owl. If it keeps up like this, I will probably find out.

Chrissy Cross likes this.