George Strait, A Real Straight Shooter

Discussion in 'Music' started by Joe Riley, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Troubadour

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Funny, I'm the only one who knows about his movie, Pure Country, that he starred in? And, about his huge Invitational Team Roping Championship he use to put on? And, what about his clothing line from Wrangler and hat line from Resistol?

Just like Chris Le Doux, I know more about George than just his music!

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

George Strait: Mama Tried

Nancy Hart likes this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

George Strait & Willie Nelson Good Hearted Woman

5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I've seen his movie, knew about his clothes line, and like most of his music. Other than that,
    he is a mystery man. The reason I paid attention to George is because I worked with a
    young ladywho was a real knock out. She came into work one morning and said, Ï went
    to see George Straight last night. He could park his boots under my bed anytime."So I wondered
    who George Strait was.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We've always liked a male singer, like George, who wears a cowboy hat when performing. Alan Jackson, Clint Black, Clay Walker, Garth Brooks, Kix Brooks are just a few that did.

Still really like the Canadian singer, Terry Clark. She wore a black felt Resistol hat and black Slicker on stage at an awards ceremony years ago.

Most of todays country singers don't even look country. They look like they just stepped right out of Los Angeles or NYC! The only thing that gives them away as being "country" is their southern accent.

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Strait Facts

1) Besides playing guitar, George is also one heck of a piano player.

6) The ranch he was raised on in Pearsall, Texas, had been in the Strait family for over 100 years.

10) The country music icon ranks behind only The Beatles and Elvis Presley as having the most hit #1 albums.

13) George is a spokesman for Cavender Chevrolet, a dealership in Boerne, Texas.

15) In 1994, Strait recorded “Fly Me to the Moon” as a duet with Frank Sinatra.

This is a duet version of the classic Sinatra song "Fly Me to the Moon" sung with George Strait for Sinatra's 1993 "Duets" CD. The song was dropped from the duet CD, but was later included on Strait's "Strait Out of the Box" collection in 1995.