From A Wide Spot In The Road

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Bill Boggs, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Someone asked of me, the other day, who was a certain gal I had maybe used as an avatar. I have tried to fine the post but haven't.
    If you are the one who asked and see 2this, asked again and I'll try to answer your question.

2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Wasn't me, but I assumed it was your granddaughter? She is very cute, whoever she is.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Registered

Yeah, it was grand-daughter. She is in Barcelona, Spain, dancing and learning Spanish by living there amonst the Spaniards.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Registered

While there she will determine what she want's to do in life. She is an American citizen and she is an Italian
    citizen, therefore a European citizen. A friend from the states got married in France and she went to the
    wedding. She spent seveal weeks in France. I have worried about her yet knowing what she is doing is one
    of the best things that could happen. She is gaining good experience, learning a language, not frm some course
    or through a university where one seldom learns to speak a language well, but living among her peers,
    who speak no English. That's a little bit like throwing a child in a pond or creek and saying swim or sink, only it
    was her choice.

Ok, no more about Mia. I will continue to worry about her. I am old school. That's what old grandparients do. We
    can't help it. We worry and are proud, all at the same time.

I know this is not something people care to read about. Knowing that, I will move on to something else.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    Yvonne Smith and Nancy Hart like this.
  5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Wrong again. ;)

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree with Nancy, Bill. We do want to read it or we wouldn't be checking out your "diary" thread. :D We get a small peek into each other's daily lives and I enjoy it quite a bit. Thanks for sharing with us.

Ed Wilson, Joe Riley and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Bill Boggs

Registered

We had tornado warnings last night. One over the OU campus but no touch down.

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We had them this morning. Very stormy morning in Houston.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  9. Bill Boggs

Registered

Yes, @Beth Gallagher, I was watching radar down youir way. Now it looks as though some of the southeast
    is due some stormy weather and then this northeaster going up the eastern seaboard. May
    be lots of wind.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Registered

We did have an EF1 tornado sit down in east Norman. Blew some roofs off farm buildings and traveled several miles
    on the ground in open country before lifting. It was the same one that passed over the OU campus.
    Straight winds today were twenty-five to thirty-five with gusts fifty-five mph. High winds tonight.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Be safe, Bill.

Joe Riley and Bill Boggs like this.
  12. Bill Boggs

Registered

Ok, later, gaters.

13. Bill Boggs

Registered

Oklahoma had thirty-one tornados in October, 2021. Most were EF1s and EF3s but that's more than we had in May
    which has always been the biggest month for these storms. We had more hail in central Oklahoma. April 28th we
    had a bad hailstorm. I had almost fifteen thousand dollars in damage which was paid. My new shingles got battered
    again in October. I haven't had them looked at after this recent hail storm. I'd like to have
    them looked at but don't plan to file another claim. New shingles that turn bad after one hailstorm are not good shingles
    and I got the best available.

I didn't get my yard mowed this week due to rain, a slow steady life giving rain. I'm going to wait till first frost or
    freeze which should come next week then have it mowed one more time this year, then button up the place for winter.
    We usually get a freeze around halloween, but running a litt;le late this year.

I still have been unable
    to get my windows replaced after the April 28th hail storm. I need about eight windows
    replaced, maybe ten, stormed windows and screens knocked out. I've got calls into Home Depot again and to some
    other
    window company. Seems there's a shortage all over the state on storm windows. If I had expensive windows
    knocked out, they are more readily available. I might have gotten them but didn't get on anyone's list, (didn't buy them).
    I think the reason is old age. I tend to forget some things.

14. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

i hope no water or cold air is coming in your windows...and that the windows will get in soon

Bill Boggs likes this.
  15. Bill Boggs

Registered

Thanks. Me, too.

John Brunner likes this.