From A Wide Spot In The Road

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Bill Boggs, Mar 25, 2019.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm glad you found something that works for you, Bill. I would never had thought of doing this with oats. (I have seen people put together a week's worth of salads in jars.)

I have the same issue with little pieces of food in my throat as you. It does not happen all the time, but it's uncomfortable when it does. An Endoscopy found no reason for it. Carrots are the worst.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't had time to read any more of it, Bill. I have been busy with my berries and vegetables. We are supposed to have a rainy day tomorrow so maybe I'll have some time to read. I am by books like I am a box of chocolates. If they are good, I don't know where to stop. So I better not start reading it until I have plenty of time.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I no longer have unvaccinated friends in the area but if I did I’d have to cut them loose.

Marci Miller and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Amen to that !

Bill Boggs likes this.
  5. Marci Miller

Marci Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Morning Bill. Hope you're having a good day. We've had some smoke in the air here from those fires in CA. I've been having an awful time with my COPD. Hope you're faring better.

6. Bill Boggs

Registered

@Marci Miller, My breathing is fair if I’m physically inactive and I stay inside. Hope yours gets better.

7. Bill Boggs

Registered

It has been good talking with you over the years. Keep your head above water.

8. Bill Boggs

Registered

77A9D59B-87A2-4300-A0A5-64B7ED26FF2C.jpeg
    Road Closed. Take the detour.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  9. Bill Boggs

Registered

C94D1910-95D8-4F2B-9470-BC8326636A90.jpeg A small beautiful ranch in western Idaho is at the heart of a rustling scheme that beat two meat companies out of overtwo hundred million dolliars worth of beef hat didn't exist. Tyson Meats and a smaller Northwest meat company. They had huge contracts with Tyson Meats. Not only did the Easterday's rustle cattle (on paper only) They sold off all but one cow then claimed bankruptcy. All was going sooth until the senior Easterday died. The son pleated guity to Federal charges. Stories still on the internet all over the northwest. Land from Spokane to Pasco in dispute. A bankruptcy judge has made things right. S maller companies and some family still trying to get paid for their loses.

10. Shirley Martin

Registered

Bill, is that true? It sounds like a made for TV story. Is there a link?

Faye Fox likes this.
  11. Bill Boggs

Registered

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  12. Bill Boggs

Registered

Lettuce is the worst for me. Small pieces of lettuce.

John Brunner likes this.
  13. Bill Boggs

Registered

Some good background music playing in the house. Olivia Newton John's Grace and Gratitude. Lots of Australian Native stuff on that record, I'd guess. I like it. Got it for my roommate, hoping it'd help with her griefing process.

Got my yard mowed yesterday afternoon. The old place don't look too bad., Didn't have to get up and go to work this morning. Life is good.
    Our long war is over. The Taliban are celebrating, showing off all their captured eequipment; we're not saying much about the second war in a row
    we've lost. What can we say? We're not God's chosen few anymore. We have big hopes still but no longer can carry them out. Maybe the big hidden power that controls us all now thinks we're just not that important anymore Who knows?

From the news this morning I take it some over in the eastern states got a good shower last night and a storm or two. Funny how we treat things. The thirteen that died during our scramble to get out of Afghanistan grieves us terribly, make us blame the political oppositio, shout, 'how dare you', but lives lost in storm and floods we scarcely notice with only a passing glance. Maybe that's just Southern manners.

Well, I've got to get out of here. I've got people coming over to clean the house, do the laundry, and make me look good.
    The leaves from the neighbor's trees are falling and blowing into my back yard. Soon a cool front will come through and linger a spell and I'll think of
    Fall when the leaves change color and looking beyond, I'll see old man Winter. Like I said, I've got to get out of here. Got places to go, things to do,
    people to see. Cheers.

Beth Gallagher and Nancy Hart like this.
  14. Shirley Martin

Registered

Bill, we're going to the river this weekend and I'm taking my Preacher book. It will be too hot to go outside during the middle of the day so I will probably have time to finish it.

I've been thinking about war, Covid-19 and other stuff lately. If we can prove that China created the virus on purpose, what can we do about it? Drop bombs and kill millions of their innocent people? Create another virus and kill millions of their innocent people? Is there anything we can do? Sanction them? A lot of good that would do. Overthrow their government? That hasn't worked too well in the past.

It looks like we can't win a ground war anymore and we can't use the nuclear bombs.

Faye Fox likes this.
  15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Very true Shirley. I live maybe 30 miles away from some of the Easterday Farms. I have even met Cody the one that is in jail. They had it made but got greedy. Some of their farms have top water rights on the Columbia. The greedy fools mismanaged their money and then started a scam in hopes of getting it back. The old man, Gale, committed suicide by running his vehicle head-on into a semi on I 182. No place for the trucker to go to avoid colliding.

Bill Boggs likes this.