Forget Transgender

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Holly Saunders, May 24, 2017.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Now you can be gender Fluid.!!:eek:

tell me...is it me?....am I the only one to think this world is going completely Bananas..?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/23/fluid-gender-policeman/

A policeman has become Britain’s first gender-fluid officer and is using separate male and female identities while at work.

One some days the officer goes by the name Callum — and on other days goes by the female name of Abi.

The transgender PC has two warrant cards, one in their male name, the other in their female identity.

Gender fluid is a gender identity which refers to a gender which varies over time. A gender fluid person may at any time identify as male, female, neutral, or any other non-binary identity, or some combination of identities.

Their gender can also vary at random or vary in response to different circumstances. It comes as part of the Met Police's diversity initiative encouraging officers to “be themselves” at work.

The officer's gender-fluid status was announced in an internal message to the Met’s 43,607 police and civilian staff last week, titled “Bring Your Whole Self to Work”.

I'm absolutely pro anyone who feels they are trapped in the wrong body...but this is crazy IMO.... seems in this case you can just decide on the day whoever you want to be...

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders...nope you are correcto...the world has gone bananas and double stupid.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The World is being run by a bunch of idiots!!!!

4. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Once I had one of many transgender people come to my store. However this one was most,um peculiar. Tall almost bald with small moustache. His er her outfit was a spring sleeveless dress, completed with pumps and a pink hand bag. Sorry but I had a giggle to hide on this one. For a couple of seconds I tried to determine how I should end the sale. So I just threw caution to the wind and said...thank you mame for shopping at....oh my...this brought a smile and she clearly sasshaed out the door. So whatever sex your trying to exhibit is what I address.
    I do not understand it ...I dont even want to try and understand why people do things.
    Whatever makes you happy I guess.:)

5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I have to admit that I'm flabbergasted at that. How can one be a man one day and a woman the next? That would involve sex change surgery and hormone therapy. I think someone needs psychiatric help and it's not just the one who is "Fluid".

6. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Shirley Martin ....well now She was probably just a cross dresser person.Personally I would just have to stay in the closet.. ..just say'en :D

Holly Saunders likes this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Envious. Yer all envious. No, make that jealous. Ya all wanna be like the miscreants we are now being encouraged to kow-tow to, or beyond encouraged, forced by law to do so.

I wanna be different, too! But in imagining it, I get too nauseous to continue.....
    Frank

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I think certain Generations understand/accept this stuff, but not ours (Baby Boomers and before). But, then again, there are things that go on today that most, if not all, of us disagree with and definitely think is either weird or down-right wrong.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  9. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

There's nowt so queer as folk.....except for me and thee.... and even thou is a little odd [​IMG]

10. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

11. Billie Lane

Billie Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I am transgender and I don't know what the point of this thread is supposed to be.
    Let's have a few facts from someone who actually knows what they are talking about.
    Transgender as a term has - thanks to the pseudo-academic label-makers and other well-meaning but misinformed idiots come to mean a variety of different things.

The same could be said to be true of " Modern woman ", or " New Man " also. Whatever these terms were supposed to mean is totally different to the original intent.
    Very often it happens that people hijack terminology and pervert it's meaning for their own purposes.
    What for example is a " Real Woman ".A women who is biologically female, meaning she can be impregnated?
    Germaine Greer would agree with that, despite the fact that in doing so she is saying that Women should be seen as the sex-objects she and her fellow feminists claim they should NOT be seen as.
    It is also valid that such a viewpoint expressed in the past by both feminist and non-feminist women has caused considerable and inexcusable anguish to women who can't conceive.
    In this and other ways women discriminate amongst themselves far more than men discriminate against them, and yes, the same thing could be said about what constitutes a " Real Man ".

So, placing that in perspective, let's understand one thing.
    What constitutes " Transgender " is just as likely to cause similar arguments and division within the Transgender community itself.
    The most common public view is that Transgender people all want a sex-change, a view that originates from the Tran-sexual rejection of the term Tran-sexual. Transgender sounds better so they have with active social-worker support virtually appropriated the term as their own, much to the chagrin and annoyance of other Transgender people.
    Consider the argument in relation to Homosexual and Lesbian. Lesbians are homosexual women, but Lesbian sounds better. Similarly Homosexual men appropriate the term " Gay " for the same reason, though it covers both sexes.

In regard to the Cross-dressing cop , yes, I would say he is a crossdresser and his pretention to be -gender-fluid is a convenient but selfish argument that does no-one any favors but himself.
    To be accurate, Gender-fluid should not really be associated with gender anyway as people who designate themselves as such are to my personal knowledge " bi-sexual ", but there is that ugly word again " sex".
    People don't like being defined in terms of sex because sexuality does not define you , but is used to define you politically.
    The problem is that sex is of the body, gender is of the mind and it is the people who claim they are the same thing that create the problem.

The second character may well have been a transvestite, which is not Transgender but for political reasons has been associated with Transgenderism . It has become a convenient catch-all term for anyone who does not - or does not appear to conform to traditional sex/gender stereotypes.

I don't mind people having a giggle but perhaps they should remember that this is an open-forum for all kinds and all people.
    My definition of Transgender is the same as my definition of Real Women New Woman and New Man, etc,etc, we are all of us human beings with human failings and human virtues.
    I myself am biologically male and sometimes wear a Saree in the privacy of my home - and not for sexual reasons. Strictly speaking I am Androgyne, which by my definition is neither male nor female but i share both masculine and feminine qualities.I have no desire to have a sex-change.
    I am a spiritually motivated individual and dressing as I do is a result of a search for balance .It is more of a Shamanic excercise than anything else.

In closing I would say,however, that the term Androgyne has likewise been appropriated by others within the transgender community for their own purposes. Defining people by language is a hopeless and thankless excercise in intellectual vanity that has no basis in reality.

12. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I think that's the problem @Billie Lane there are far too many 'terms' for similar differences
    I know of a couple of cross dressers or are they transgender ? I have no idea
    All I do know is they are fabulous people

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

No more replies from me after this, for this Thread! Nope, no way!

14. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Holly Saunders and Patsy Faye like this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

There are I think 63 genders. We were discussing this last time I was at my daughter's because at the parents weekend at Cal Poly. They talked about gender to the parents and the incoming students.

Students had to introduce themselves as .."I'm Michael and my pronouns are he and him that you may use with me"

It gets complicated. :)

I think there is a differences in using the word "sex" and "gender" also.

https://apath.org/63-genders/