Fishing

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Joe Smith, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

Lighthouse1992.jpg

Cold start to a big fish day

Yvonne Smith and Jim Brown like this.
  2. Tex Dennis

Registered

Flooded.jpg Fisherman1956.jpg This Marina Now called Lighthouse was the old Preston Fishing Camp in my youth they have cabins for rent that are well kept in the 1940's style and décor that the engineers that built the lake stayed in back in the 40s' like turning time back. The fisherman and the truck was taken in 1956 the other is of the old store front from same period I think when the flooding hit and lake was up 9-12'

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  3. Tex Dennis

Registered

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow! some great pix!
    My daughter said she was at a park lake and the people were feeding the ducks. A green heron (smallest of herons) watched and then went over and snatched a piece of bread. He went out and sat on a sunken branch away from the crowd. He put the bread on the water and pushed it out. Then he pulled it back and dunked it a few times and pushed it out again. A number of minnows came around it and started nibbling and the heron grabbed one. The minnows came back and he grabbed another. The bird took 4 fish--fishing.

5. Tex Dennis

Registered

Heading fishing taking 3 more tomorrow if weather allows for it.

6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Good luck!

7. Tex Dennis

Registered

thanks we judge a good trip on 100 total for the boat

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Anyone here do any rainbow trout fishing? A picture below is some rainbows we caught in a local lake when we lived here in Colorado before.
    upload_2021-6-9_7-11-27.jpeg

Marie Mallery and Shirley Martin like this.
  9. Tex Dennis

Registered

Took 4 today an honest 200 plus fish trip went for numbers rather than size for youngsters and friend's wife, great trip only 2 big fish.

Shirley Martin likes this.
  10. Tex Dennis

Registered

Well it was bound to happen this week's trip for me was a dud I got 5 total only 1 decent the rest on the boat caught 65 or so, no big fish this week at all, but be back next week again days depend of weather.

11. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Change bait

Joe Smith likes this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Due to my wife's at-home job, and our decision to take two small trips, we haven't been able to get our boat out on the water, let alone do any trout fishing. We can only take the boat out on the weekends, and that is, unfortunately, when everyone else here wants to take their boat out. This would mean, getting up at 6AM, heading to boat storage to hook up boat/trailer and launching around 8AM.

It was so much easier getting on local lake on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday AM, when nobody was there............and, wife wasn't working them.

We have to "hurry it up" and get it out on the water soon, or we'll end up getting it ready for "winterizing" again and not getting it out this summer.

13. Tex Dennis

Registered

I was using the exact same lures as the ones catching were, exactly same, I have been on both sides of the fence here as the one that did and did not many times, just was not my day was all, we 100% lure fish, never mess with real bait. But will be back soon again.

John Brunner likes this.
  14. Tex Dennis

Registered

I take fishing very seriously here and usually go multiple trips a week, we are in the planning stages of a veterans trip for November vet day so far we have 8 committed to go with a cash deposit in hand for 3 days, we have rented a cabin in Oklahoma for it on the water. With several bringing boats.
    This weeks trip is a typical August trip with the normal hit or miss catching, most pro that charge for paid trips are already using live shad here, it is nothing abnormal at all. Just another trip was all some more productive than others. I have a totally different attitude when I get to go north to Texoma I give about 110% LOCALLY and in Oklahoma 1000% effort. 2 totally different places and styles. We catch a lot of fish really, most trips 100+.

15. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered