Facebook

Discussion in 'Notices & Announcements' started by Ken Anderson, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, Facebook is the only place I communicate with my friends in Hungary and Romania.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Excatly why i got rid of so many..the election . It just got ridiculous. Trump stuff will never die down at this rate :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ha ha...true that! As the kardashians say. :)

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There is still a lot of dissension over the election, and while I didn't end up unfriending anyone, I was glad that I had unfollowed the people who were bashing Trump so enthusiastically, and I have noticed that some of them are still doing this.
    Like you decided, @Chrissy Cross , I didn't want to argue or lose friends/family over this either, and I just stopped posting anything political for the most part, and did not respond the the ones who were posting political pictures and stories.
    Except for the news groups that I belong to, none of the other Facebook groups are political, so that hasn't been any problem for me. The groups I look at are the local groups for lost animals, and then ones for oldtime Idaho , and I really enjoy seeing those vintage pictures and reading the stories.
    Now that i am scanning in some of the old pictures which my mom and dad took years ago, I am also able to share those with people on the groups and that is fun, too.

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, I just unfollowed a lot of people that were bashing Trump and that was a lot of my friends and that forum on Facebook was always biased toward the left but these were people from my very first forum 10 years ago and it was good until the election.

Now I go on Facebook and I see dachshunds, lol.. maybe I can let a few people back on my feed. :)

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I actually am pretty happy with mine and having most people unfollowed. Many people share lots of stuff, and while it is not bad shares, it is a lot to go through and read all of the stories and jokes, and I prefer not to do that. I know that my kids don't share very often, and I also try to be considerate with what I share, so that it is something that I think other people on my list of friends would enjoy looking at or reading.
    When I go to my friends pages, some of them I look at every day, and some less often than that, so it depends on what they are posting how often i look at their pages.
    In the evening, I usually take time to read through what has been posted on the groups I belong to, and sometimes follow links that have been posted on there.
    All in all, I really enjoy Facebook, and would miss it really bad if I didn't have it. I also have Twitter, and almost never post anything on there. I follow more of the news types of Twitter posts; but I do not always look on there every day either.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, I'd miss Facebook also and haven't deleted it for many reasons though I was tempted lots of times...I was also getting posts about things I wasn't interested in...especially the news on the side...it was all left wing. I did always click on why am I seeing this and checked that I don't want to see this type of stuff...it's helped.

I'm on twitter also but don't really tweet, just follow a few people or groups and my grandson but he doesn't know.

8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope you all do not think - I just get rid of folk because of difference of opinion- but probably sounds like it . No there were other issues, most of those removed were people from long ago, and not really Friends. Plus I got sick of all the ads,and links that do contain virus .

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I did unfollow those who filled my feed with anti Trump stuff but I also unfollowed a few who shared constantly, that gets tiring especially when the same post appears on your feed from 4 different people.

I used to do the "share if you have a daughter or son who you love, etc" but I even quit doing that.

Seems my kids and family aren't on FB as much either and maybe that's why I'm also cutting back.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Interesting. Facebook seems to be down for me today.

facebook.jpg

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I haven't had a problem...just checked.

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I could get in a moment ago, but when I clicked on one of my notifications, I got the error again. I'm sure it's something simple, like maybe they found out that I was a Russian bot or something,

Maryt Hope and Chrissy Cross like this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

No problem at all here....

14. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

15. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not on Facebook much. Mostly just former co-workers to stay in contact with incase they need a reference or I do. I follow The Wildcat Sanctuary who I donate to. I've ignored most requests from co-workers. I don't need to be "friends" with every acquaintance I have. I mostly have posted cat pictures anyway.