Facebook, Good Time Or Big Yawn?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Ruby Begonia, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

But you are right about teenagers, at first they were on it but soon realized that so were their parents and grandparents and left in droves. :)

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Our nieces daughter use to post things with the abbreviated "f" word in it and I got tired of seeing the stuff, so I "unfriended" her. Since she's in the Army now, she can't do that, and the military does monitor FB. So, I ask her to be a "friend" again and she accepted. At one time, she was also putting a few different things on FB about the Army and, apparently, her Sargent or Commanding Officer talked to her about it. Hasn't happened again. She doesn't even post on FB as much as she use to.

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Young people need to realize that the stuff they post on social media is looked at even by universities and when applying for jobs. I read that somewhere.

Ruby Begonia and Bonnie Thomas like this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, but when these young folks get upset over something, or just fun to say whatever, they simply either aren't thinking about that or don't care. There have been Middle School and High School kids that have "bullied" others over FB and not cared who seen it. That turned out to be a bad situation, which included law enforcement involvement.

I had a high school classmate's wife who posted on FB almost everything she done during the day. I was wondering when she was going to post "going on a bathroom break now". Her husband had a talk with her and she slowed up. He wasn't home much and I think she done it our of boredom.

Bonnie Thomas and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

It seems that social media accounts are now a big part of the interviewing process for most companies.
    And I've heard too, that if you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, they aren't impressed by that either.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Wow, so you better have them but watch what you say?

7. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

That's weird.

Chrissy Cross likes this.