Everybody Who's Been Banned On Sf, The Ban Has Been Lifted

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Chrissy Cross, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

i don't feel this announcement will take away from this forum so I felt confident announcing it.

I'm back on as CeeCee. @Holly Saunders , @Frank Sanoica , @Terry Page, you're all unbanned.

I'm sure there's more but I can't remember who.

Yvonne is unbanned also and she also could get on.

Terry Page likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh what?....why? do you know the reason for that.? Wonder why they wouldn't have mailed me?... seems odd, I wonder if it's a glitch in their system...not only that there's a lot of people who were banned from there who absolutely deserved to be banned unlike some of us...so I wonder if those people will be back... no names no pack drill ..

Terry Page likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

A few weeks ago I wrote Matrix about something and just jokingly mentioned he should have amnesty for all banned members.

Nobody got an email and he never replied to me but today I was just looking up somebody and saw that there was no banned under their name so I checked further and seems everybody I knew has been unbanned.

I signed on as CeeCee and I'm still there. So is Yvonne (Happyflowerlady).

There's no member list anymore so you have to find people the round about way.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Registered

Hmmmmmm...just seems very odd to me tbh!

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Maybe he didn't want all those banned people. I have no idea, he never replied to me and I never thought he'd do an amnesty so was very surprised today.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was concerned whether it was actually true, too; so after I signed in, I messaged SB and asked her if it was a glitch, or if people no longer had a lifetime ban (which always seemed unfair to me in the first place). She wrote back, welcomed me again, and said that Matrix has decided to remove some bans.
    I think that maybe there are enough different people there now that the same old clique might not be able to run everything like they seemed to do before.
    I think they didn't notify anyone, at least I was not notified that the lifetime ban was removed; so only the ones that are still looking there will know what happened.

7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Thanks Yvonne :)

8. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I was never banned, I just left but I have posted a few times recently. I noticed quite a few on this forum post over there regularly. I still have several on the ignore list, including the moderator.

9. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

My experience was that SF became very toxic and started banning members left right and centre for various reasons, I was banned for no apparent reason or at least I was never given one when I asked :eek:
    I have rarely been on there since, but it was an odd experience when I just signed in, seeing all my pages of PMs and old postings. I must admit I did enjoy my time there, it was good fun, but like all larger forums it became a collection of warring cliques in the end,............... I find nowadays I prefer the very small family style forum/groups..... [​IMG]

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

The only reason I even posted this is because I'm pretty sure most of us won't be leaving here. I did make some posts there and will probably do so for awhile depending how it goes but this forum is more personal. Many people are on more than one forum.

I do know that I won't be going in the political section there. :)

Yvonne Smith and Terry Page like this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

What is SF?

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

It's a forum many members here were a part of last year.... some people here are still members but not many...

Ditto @Terry Page 's post..re the toxic environment...

Terry Page and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Registered

the fact is you didn't have to go into the political section to be attacked by the cliques and the trolls, I never did..yet I was banned similarly like Terry and Yvonne...without any given reason... as you know already CC

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Some people get banned from a forum for very good reasons. Then there are those that should be banned, perhaps like me (LOL) that are not. When I get too much "backlash" from a Thread or reply I do, I give it real thought about leaving that forum. I really don't like opposing opinions from my own, but know that's part of discussions. Actually, I can truly understand why my wife doesn't want to be a part of any forum. She isn't good at "confrontation" at all...........except towards me (ha, ha), whenever that happens, which isn't often at all.

15. Holly Saunders

Registered

You're absolutely correct Cody...some people do need to be removed from forums, simply because they use these forums to hide behind a screen spouting venom at whomever they please, and when a few of these same people get together then it's a toxic situation where they gang up on people they see as an easy target!!

SF was a forum who got it all arse about face...banning the decent folks who'd been targets of the cliques and keeping the troublemakers on side...

There was a time on SF where I couldn't even say the sky was blue without some piece of mental retard OAP coming onto the thread and attacking me... it would be tragic if it hadn't have been so sad that these people were seniors who'd never got out of a bullying playground mentality and to think that they wouldn't have dared do it to my face... but it's easy to be a keyboard warrior,,,