El Patron Mexican Restaurant In Huntsville, Alabama

Discussion in 'Restaurant Reviews' started by Yvonne Smith, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The Mexican restaurant down the road from us closed over a year ago, and when we saw that it had been sold, we were eagerly awaiting the new one opening. It is called El Patron, but I am not sure if it is connected to the chain of the same name, or not
    Anyway, because of the pandemic, they couldn’t open the restaurant earlier, and it finally opened this week; so we decided to go down and try it out.
    We have not been out to eat anywhere, ever since last February, so just going out to eat at a restaurant was a wonderful thing, in any case.

They have a huge menu, complete with appetizers and lunch specials. I was about to have my usual favorite, the Chile Rellano , when Bobby pointed out that they had something called a Hawaiian Chicken fajita, which had PINEAPPLE on it ..... I love pineapple ! !
    It had lots of chicken, peppers, onions and pineapple and smothered in cheese, and was incredibly delicious, and came on one of those sizzle platters, it was so hot.

There was salad, guacamole, sour cream, plus the usual rice and beans; so I had way too much for one meal, and brought most of the fajita home with me.

Bobby had the carne asada, and it was smothered in peppers and onions, too, and on a sizzle platter. He had plenty of food to eat, and said that his meal was delicious also.
    We will definitely be going there again !

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I love a good chile rellano but, since moving to Maine, I haven't found a good one.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds good, Yvonne. (Not sure about the pineapple, though!!) I bought some large poblano peppers with my last grocery order, planning to make Roasted Poblano Corn Chowder, but now I might have to make chile rellenos instead.

Yvonne Smith likes this.