Eating Just Enough

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Corie Henson, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Audrey Claire

Audrey Claire Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yeah, I too would seldom go to a buffet, other than the hotel breakfast spread. I’m a low carber. Fortunately I love salads and veg, and I hate fatty meat and particularly loathe bacon. I do like desserts...have a sweet tooth, but I exercise self restraint and if I’m having a sweet it’ll be a quality one. Lots of eating options here even in Covid, there’s delivery. But you know, I don’t go there....

2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Audrey….
    Take it from me, someone that has been on low carb for years and lost some weight..
    I have been on low carb for about 40 or more years and have lost about 155 pounds (70kg) and kept it off...
    DRINK LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER DAILY...…
    I drink about 80ozs (3lt) of plain water every day..
    As far as a dessert goes, no-one likes a dessert after a meal more than I do..
    I make either a S/F jello and I have it with heavy cream or a S/F pudding that I often spike with something..
    Frozen blueberries (or any frozen fruit) with Splenda and heavy cream over the frozen berries makes for a lovely sweet treat.. Just like blueberry ice cream and it is low carb.. Stewed peaches also with heavy cream is lovely..

As far as bacon goes, we use either turkey bacon or chicken bacon... NEVER pork bacon !!!!
    Also try to lay off the salt as much as possible....

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I have found through research why some people can control their appetite and others not. It has nothing to do with will power but digestion and what you are eating. First your digestion track is a tube running through your body starting at the mouth and ending at your anus. Basically the food/nutrition is absorbed from that tube into the body if everything works correctly and if not just passes through. There is a large group of minerals/vitamin/omega acids the body needs and the main way of getting this is through digestion. If you ever have stomach pain/diarrhea/constipation, acid reflux or just feel uncomfortable after meal your digestion is not working correctly. Certain vitamins and minerals get absorbed at different places in the digestion and if that part is not working correctly you did not get that nutriment. Some minerals cause a disease called pica doctors will say it is a craving for nonfood things like cat droppings/dirt/lead paint or others but what if they are not available but potato chips are. You can see this when a woman is pregnant the baby is using up the mothers mineral so she has a craving for strange foods trying to regain the minerals.
    I have helped many people to change their diet and educate them on nutrition and seeing them regain their health.

4. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Martin..... Thanks for the information.. You are not wrong about the body needing all kinds of different foods to keep healthy..
    When the body is craving different foods, you can always turn to fruit to combat that craving.....
    Unless one is pregnant and wants pickles and ice-cream…..
    Again, that is just a craving that can be overcome by eating something sensible.. Chips are NOT the answer..
    If you don't have chips in the house, you can't eat them.. Although the baby is taking away some of the important minerals, they both require good food...