Eating Just Enough

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Corie Henson, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Dieting is not easy. I had a hamburger tonight and shouldn't have but my son bought us one and brought them over. I was going to eat some fruit. Still I am determined to lose fifteen pounds. The hamburger is only a small set back. I've been trying to eat light at night. Still it is easier when several of us have the same goal, losing a few pounds.

2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe you could put your body weight goal and your current weight on your signature or your posts Bill, so we could support you in your progress
    [​IMG]

and reprimand you on bad days/weeks [​IMG] ;) :D:)

Ina I. Wonder and Joe Riley like this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Registered

No problem, Terry. My weight this morning is i85.5 lb. (My scale weighs only to the half pound). My BMI goal is 27 or less (this go around). I would appreciate any encouragement. Thanks for your comments.

Terry Page and Joe Riley like this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I need to lose a few lbs tummy fat, my problem is it will go from my legs first. I even have a thigh gap when I stand with legs together and I can almost put my hands around my ankles.

I don't know how my skinny legs even support my body, lol.

I think I have a pic somewhere of my skinny legs in shorts but I'm not finding it. :)

I will support you, Bill and may even join you in losing a few lbs once I get home and stand on the scale.

I walk almost 5 miles a day here according to my fit bit flex but as soon as I get home that will drop a LOT! :(

Most of my exercise at home is getting up to let the dog out. :(

I need motivation for walking at home. I do have an elliptical machine in my garage but it bores me.

Also, Pickles hates going on a walk and so do I in my subdivision ....boring! Maybe I could drive to a nice trail....

I did have a membership to Brown's Gym in Fresno but only did the treadmill, those other machines are complicated and I'm afraid of doing them wrong.

If I was rich Id hire a personal trainer. :)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

...the grass is always greener...!:D Not all rich people are thin.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, you are right! :)

7. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Page , I applaud you for bring able to maintain your weight throught your adulthood. That was harder than some would think.

Mine yo-yoed back and forth. My husband equated weight with health. He loved his heavy Italian foods, and it was easies to gain the weight than to argue the point. At times I would get sick and quickly my weight would drop, and of course he would say to was my lack of weight. After 45 I think I just gave up.

Now I have gone back to eating as I grew up, mostly fruit and veggies, shrimp or eggs for the protein, and almost no heavy carbs. Since I've have IBS, this diet is best for me, and I have a lot less tummy pain.

I've noticed that a lot of people eat because of their emotions.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

xxxxxxxxxx

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Ina I. Wonder , my whole life has been a yo yo diet, it's just probably since my husband died that I've maintained my weight and lately I've noticed that I can eat more and not gain.

My hubby loved to eat and Hungarian food is VERY fattening and good, lol.

I did have some issues with John, my SO for a few years, he liked to cook and did the cooking but I noticed he was making things for me very fatty when I told him not to, think he wanted to fatten me up. I caught him a few times.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Registered

I am trying to stay away from fatty foods and too much food with high fat calories, like sausage biscuits. Anyone interested jump aboard. the wagon's practically empty. Grab a bale of hay and have a seat. It will be an interested hay ride, losing a couple of pounds here and there. Thanks joe. I will appreciate your support, whatever you decide. Ladies, I hope some of you join in. Lose a couple3 of pounds and have fun.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I just may after I weigh myself on Monday morning.

I do well at home because there are no tempting foods in my fridge or pantry. I eat about 5 times a day but none of my meals will exceed 250 calories, 300 tops.

I actually try to eat more good fat but find it difficult, I've become so used to lowfat cooking and eating that I force myself to use more olive oil.

My snacks are usually veggies or sugar free popsicles.

I eat a lot of veggie burgers for lunches and the only bread type product I eat is a low carb tortilla.

And I've only found my favorite one in California, have not found it in any other state...I took some with me to Illinois. :)

It's low carb, high fiber, lowest sodium I've seen for a flour tortilla and 5 grams of protein.

Terry Page and Bill Boggs like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Here they are, this pack is empty now. I've even heated these up and mixed some Splenda with cinnamon and rolled it up and tasted like a churro. :)

image.jpg image.jpg

Ruby Begonia and Bill Boggs like this.
  13. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

I just realized I forgot to eat yesterday. So now I only have 9 pounds to go. I know, I know, that's not good. My problem is if I eat, my tummy hurts, if I don't, no pain. Plus I haven't had an appetite in a couple of years. I'm hoping that with more time my stress and anxiety will lessen, and my IBS will ease up. My South American neighbor has started to bring me food. They don't speak much English, and they just say, "You eat, too skinny".

14. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

@Chrissy Page , Whenever I'm at the VA I always get one of their tortillas wraps with tuna. They make a spinach tortilla that is really low carb. I wish they sold them. I'd have a freezer full.

Ruby Begonia and Chrissy Cross like this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I never forget to eat, the only time I didn't have an appetite was after my husband died and when I'm on antibiotics.