Doc Martens - Do You Have A Story

Discussion in 'Online Retailers' started by Susan Paynter, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Susan Paynter

Susan Paynter Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Is it the brand name or the actual pair of boots that gives the product so much attention. Do you have a story?

I have been listening to the radio for the past few days and different peoples' stories of doc martens and how they came about having them.

Blundstone and Dr. Martens are two brands that design boots which have become famous practically all over the world.. The number of people who chooses them, preferring these products to numerous others, continues to increase. This is because of the passion, attention to detail and the endless pursuit of quality, which has brought Blundstone and Dr. Martens to the top of the footwear industry.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't thought about Doc Martens in years, but I remember them very well. We have 5 children and all were in junior high/high school during the Doc Martens craze of the late 90's. One Christmas they all asked for a pair of the black lace-up boots, and I still remember that it cost nearly $800 to buy them all a pair. I made payments on those boots for months. :D

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    Susan Paynter likes this.
  3. Susan Paynter

Registered

Yes Beth, they are pretty expensive. I looked at some pictures and they look like military attire to me. In addition, just trying to get the laces on, I would run out of patience.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I remember my oldest son also had a pair of the oxfords; he really got his money's worth out of those shoes. They were a status symbol for teenagers back then.

upload_2021-2-5_11-47-44.png

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  5. Susan Paynter

Registered

Will agree with you. They are hardy and quite a status symbol for teens of the day.
    I don't remember asking my mother to buy me such expensive shoes. Going off topic, she faithfully gave us new stiched dresses every Christmas from the best dressmaker in town.

6. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

I went to a wedding once where the bride wore her beloved Doc Martens......with her frilly white wedding dress.

Susan Paynter likes this.
  7. Jenna Parnellson

Jenna Parnellson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but weren't Doc Martens part of the old "punk" uniform of the ... 1980's?