Do You Remember Your First Fist Fight? Men Or Ladies

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Von Jones Yes, girl that is what I am talking about! Nice stance and arm extensions that can be used even with 3 feet social distancing hahaha!

Von Jones likes this.
  2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

No

3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Never got into a fight. Never hit anyone. Ever.

John Brunner likes this.
  4. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

I have tried, for years, to find the first girl I ever made out with. Long story, but she used me. I was eleven, she was thirteen. The next day, when I went to see her, excited as hell, she looked at me like I was a bug, and said, "What are you doing here!?" She never spoke to me, again. Made me angrier than it did, hurt.

I know her sister in law, but she liked me as a kid, I didn't know, and she now adamantly refuses to give me the contact info I want.

I still want to tell that first woman off!

5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Trevalius Guyus Not sure why you quoted me in your post, but I assure you that wasn't me. I never even attempted to make out until age 14 and only with a 15-year-old boy, and that attempt was cut short because of an auto accident. You should actually find that woman and thank her because you learned a valuable lesson at a young age and no pregnancy was involved.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Quoted for Truth.

Faye Fox likes this.
  7. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I was in a fistfight with a neighbor kid in 1946. It was near my house, and my Dad happened to see it. After it was over, he gave me a dime for having the courage to stand up and deliver!
    Hal

8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't remember the first or maybe the firsst few I do remember three as a teenager. The first few I probably ran and was chased home.
    That went on for a while at one school. In middle school, I got my nose blooded a couple of times while walking home. My dad asked if I
    fought back andI think I said, "tried to."I tried to." My dad cto ld me if I didn't fight back and give that boy a whipping, he would give me a
    whipping I would long remember. I remember thinking something like I was between the rock and a hard place. The boy was bigger than
    I and he scared me. I knew would cbeat me up or humilitate mewhen ever he could. The next day when I came home, my dad had two
    new pair of boxing gloves. (During the Depression of the early thirties my dad had boxed and wrestled with a carnival to make a few bucks).

He told me to put on the gloves and come outside. He gave me boxing lessons until dark. Then he told me to get in the house and get my
    homework. The next evening the same thing.. I remem ber being so tired I could hardly stand up. Dad said 'put your dukes up, puts your
    dukes up, hit me,' and with his hands at his side, he stuck out his chin. I was tired and angry and I pop him one on the chin and I guess I
    stung him a little bit because it made him angry. Hed hit square in the jaw, knocked me back against the side of our house and i slowly slid
    down the wall. He knocked me out. When I came to myself dad was standingthere looking at me. He told me to get inthe house and get
    cleaned up. Get your lessions if yoiu've got any. Don't you ever come running home again unless you put up a fight. He said, anybody can
    take a licking but no kid of mine is going to run and not put up a fight, you hear me, boy.

I had a couple more I remember but I was a little older and they were more of a serious nature.

9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Us girls don't fist fight. We bitch slap.

[​IMG]

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yes, I remember every one of the fights I was in.
    As I wrote before, my dad had rules and not following those rules was dangerous. Never start a fight but if someone started one, I had to finish it. Period.
    No walking away, no diplomacy and losing was not an option.

11. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

I quoted you because you, like me, wrote that you'd like to have an encounter with someone from your past who riled you. No more, no less.....

12. Boris Boddenov

Boris Boddenov Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

In the 50s and early 60s, fist fights were as common as sending text messages today, at least among the boys.

But I don't recall anyone during those years in our 'hood pulling a gun.

Different today.

13. Boris Boddenov

Boris Boddenov Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

When we came home bloodied and bruised, mom would say that she wished she'd've had daughters.

Being large for one's age was not necessarily an asset when you were young because you were a target of older guys who may have been no larger than you -- quite a few were smaller -- but 1) more physically-developed and 2) more experienced. It gave them street cred if they whupped up on a bigger kid and no one could accuse them of bullying.