Do You Read Your Daily Horoscope? How Accurate Is It?

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Lon Tanner, May 24, 2021.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks to a previous post I have been checking out Astrology and reading my daily Horoscope just for something to do and to pass time. It's fun but not helpful or accurate.

2. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

And there is a good reason for that @Lon Tanner -- aside from what some will predictably proclaim is that astrology is bunk. :D

Those newspaper horoscopes are NOT personal to you. They are based only on Sun signs and ignore the rest of the zodiac and relationships between things. They are created with the assumption that the Sun is in the same position for everyone, which is never true in an astrological chart, and in the way they are figured, they don't take into account the plethora of other important features.

Newspaper horoscopes are pure entertainment. Most astrologers hate them. And here I will agree with the skeptics and say they are bunk and not actual astrology. LOL ;)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

My daily horoscope NEVER fits me at all. It has to be a different Cancer.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

No, I do not.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No, I have to pretty desperate for something to read before I'll read horoscopes, and, even then, I don't pay any attention to them.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Back when I used to get a daily newspaper, I read Sydney Omarr's column all the time.

I recall reading an article where an experiment was done in some ivy league school class. The instructor introduced an astrologist and informed the students that he was gong to do an in-depth custom horoscope for each of them. They provided the particulars of their birth (date/hour/minute/place/etc) and the astrologer went off to do his thing.

Some weeks later the astrologist returned with a stack of manila envelopes containing the horoscopes, with a student's name written on each one. The instructor handed them out and gave everyone time to read and digest.

When they had read their horoscopes, the instructor asked:

-How many of you feel this is so spot-on that it's uncanny?
    --75% of the class raised their hands

-How many of you feel this is generally accurate but not flawless?
    --20% of the class raised their hands

-How many of you feel that this is nothing like you at all?
    --5% of the class raised their hands

Then the instructor had the students exchange their "personal" horoscopes with each other.
    They were all the same.

I prefer the Chinese restaurant placements. "Marry a goat but not a pig." True that.

Jim Brown and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

My Mom used to read her daily horoscope and brought my attention to mine. I am not sure she 'believed' in it and yet sometimes she saw truth in them.