I was tired from taking down Christmas decorations at my place and at a friend's that is an overachiever at Christmas decorating time. I gargled with one shot of Spanish brandy and swallowed breathing out the burning fumes at 5:30 PM, saying adios to any viral intruders, and then off to bed at 6 PM to be awakened every couple hours with loud fireworks. I would have slept through midnight but my neighbor set off what sounded like 4 sticks of 60% nitro. It shook my bed and it was an hour before I could get back to sleep with the war of the fireworks in full force. I noticed all my neighbor's lights were on and I called over to an 87-year-olds to check on her and she said she was up to keep the dog calm. She had given him some hemp oil-soaked doggie treats from the vet and reported he was very calm. She was also up because she said she had the munchies. I have a feeling she sampled the doggie treats to calm her nerves. I prefer my nightly brandy.