Danny's Car... Progress

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Frank Sanoica, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

As many know, he is deployed to Japan, U.S. Marine, and I am endeavoring to make the antique car he bought from his wife's father presentable again, after it was wrecked along with their pickup enroute to Arizona from St. Lous.

Midwestern car, = "rust-belt" car; many bolts and fasteners immovable. Both front fenders and the entire front radiator support, along with the right side inner fender, are being replaced. Today, I dragged out the "big guns" first time in years, cutting torches and impact guns, both rotary and hammer. Here's the scene:

[​IMG]

My wife stood by with the water hose, was forced to put out several minor fires as insulation and anti-rattle goo between parts invariably catch fire while cutting things apart.

[​IMG]

The offending parts, damaged beyond repair, hacked, burned, beaten off of their places where they had served for over 50 years (it's a 1965 Ford Galaxie).

[​IMG]

The "new" but used parts below. The car's now useless blue fenders are seen, also. After working much of the day, bending, stooping, grovelling about under the hulk, twisting stubborn wrenches, applying brute force where needed by crowbar, every possible part of me which was utilized hurts right now. It's a sort of "tolerable" pain, similar to that experienced after heavy exercise, where one recognizes the pain is beneficial; muscles are being repaired. Ha!

[​IMG]

Sometimes, I wonder about me..........
    Frank

Attached Files:

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't worry about you @Frank Sanoica! Sometimes I don't understand you but I think you got it together.:)

Also...what's that new looking big square in the front of the car?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Looks like a radiator to me, @Chrissy Cross , if you mean the big silver thingie.
    I agree, that Frank can be confusing at times, but he definitely knows what he is doing with cars, and I always enjoy his posts on the forum, even when I don’t totally understand all of the technical stuff.

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Cross
    Shiny new aluminum radiator. He spared no expense putting the new engine in, and I would have used the old radiator.
    Frank

Chrissy Cross likes this.