Current World Population Clock

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Joe Riley, May 14, 2016.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Problem, I would guess. But i ain't contributing to it.

3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I have heard that water resources will become scarce in the common decades the way they are in the West. Also, will there really be enough food to feed the world/s population? I mean some people are starving now, but largely because of human corruption I think.I think there will a worldwide pestilence at some point.

Joe Riley likes this.
  4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@K E Gordon Some feel a number of pestilences have been brought about already, likely through the ineptness of humans. AIDS is one. I think so, because human sexual activities have remained basically unchanged for eons, and then suddenly this virus pops up out of nowhere?
    Frank

5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not really concerned with the population explosion that has been ongoing ever since I was born. However, whenever I would wend my way in the heavy traffic, I always realize that the world is already crowded simply because the production is greater than the delivery. More are born and less die, simple mathematics. I don't want to sound cynical but those poor people who have nothing in their pocket have a lot of children going hungry in their homes while the rich who has the money have few children. Talk of irony. And the church is a contributory factor to the population because the Catholic church is against any form of artificial birth control. Much more the Muslims whose men are allowed to have many wives, they are fast growing in numbers.

Sometime in the 1980s, I remember that the world population stood at 3.5 billion. So that means from that time up to now, the number has doubled in about 30 years. But I'm betting that it would take less than 30 years for the 7 billion to double. As they say in farming, the growth (of the number of animals) is exponential. That may be the reason why there are predictions by doomsayers that in the year 2100, the world would reach its maximum capacity of human population.

6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

If you click on the link 7 billion and onward, the article predicts a peak and decline in population.

"In fact, mankind does not quite behave like this. As we grow richer, we tend to breed less. Look closely at the UN data and it shows that fertility is already below the replacement rate of 2.1 babies per woman in several countries. Extrapolate the UN’s medium-case estimates and you can find that the world population will peak (at ten billion) at the end of this century. Then decline starts, with the world’s supply of Americans running out in December 2400, and the last Frenchman keeling over in January 2501. And the Irish, incidentally, will go the way of the dodo long before any of us".

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Soylent Green.:eek:

Frank Sanoica and Joe Riley like this.
  8. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, I think the world's population will have to decline at some point, because the world probably would not support much more than 10 billion people. If that does not happen...there will have to be colonies on the moon, under the seas..and below ground. However, that may happen anyway, if we don't manage to blow ourselves up that is. That is a big if.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  9. Frank Sanoica

Registered

Feed 'em the dead!

Ike Willis likes this.
  10. Frank Sanoica

Registered

"if we don't manage to blow ourselves up that is."

@K E Gordon I don't personally see a possibility, or need, for humanity to blow itself up in part, which would result in World de-population, as a means to control overpopulation. I think mal-nutrition, disease, and famine will take care of that.

Of course, the "fat-cats", the richest and least benevolent residents of Earth would be the "last to go". Money wins out, as always. But, always the possibility exists that some "fat-cat" residing in a position of high power, President of State, for example, might warped-mindedly decide a quicker way was desirable, and press the appropriate buttons available to him, to "eradicate the unfit".

11. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

12. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Joe Riley
    Irish = Dodo ..................Oh no !! :eek:

Joe Riley likes this.
  13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Patsy Faye likes this.
  14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

With wars, disease, famine, murder, abortion, suicide and natural disasters taking lives every second of every day I really think we do not have to worry about there not being enough room on this earth for everyone.

Joe Riley likes this.
  15. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Joe Riley - the Dodo was a loverly birdie - so friendly and people took advantage of this didn't they
    Poor thing ..............