Crafting Projects I Created

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Von Jones, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Tuesday is my oldest granddaughter's birthday. She liked her Dad's dreamcatcher and asked if he would find one for her at the flea market. Little did she know that I had already planned to make one for her birthday.

Her dad told me she and her sister like pink. I dug through my jewelry stash and found a light pink necklace to start. To bring a little contrast I added these blue/purple shells. Today at the flea market I found a clear crystal rock choker which from a distance looks white and what I thought were a pair of tassel looking earrings to add some 'bling.'

Summer's dreamcatcher June 2020 003.jpg Summer's dreamcatcher June 2020 004.jpg Summer's dreamcatcher June 2020 005.jpg Summer's dreamcatcher June 2020 006.jpg Summer's dreamcatcher June 2020 007.jpg Summer's dreamcatcher June 2020 009.jpg

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Very pretty, Von! I know she will treasure the gift. I hope she has a happy birthday.

3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

4. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I still have my late grandson's dream catcher he made in scouts.

Von Jones likes this.
  5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Years ago I found this clock at a thrift store. It has all the charateristics of wrought iron, the color, the scrollings, that I love about wrought iron. When I couldn't replace the mechanical part of the clock I couldn't toss it out so I stuffed somewhere because I liked it so much. Well, I've been purging and found it behind a stash of materials for crafting. Hmmm, I still didn't want to toss it so I set it out and for several days I waited for inspiration to hit me. See what I was inspired to do with it.

Address decor 009.jpg

Address decor 012.jpg

A fun project for my granddaughters to watch as I begun pulling the materials out and letting each carry something outside. I had already painted a new coat after removing the clock face, hands and mechanical parts. I found some glass tile sheets at Goodwill for 99 cents and because blue is my favorite color I bought all four sheets.:) They had been in the basement for a couple of years. I used a mixture of brown and white craft paint to make the tan/taupe color for the numbers which were original to the house. I played around with the layout of the tiles for a couple of minutes before mod podging them in place. Then I had to drill new holes and attach the plaque. I just noticed that as hard as I tried to center the plaque I still didn't get it right.o_O

After hanging it up I found I must do something to the back to make it appealing as well. I'm so tickled with the result. :)

6. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

That is so pretty, Von. The blue colors make the wrought iron stand out.

Von Jones, John Brunner and Faye Fox like this.
  7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Just awesome Von! I would have never thought of that and your work is excellent. I think it would be a blast to go thrift store shopping and flea marketing with you. If it was possible I would team up with you for Flea Market Flip and that $2.5K each would be ours.

Von Jones likes this.
  8. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I love your projects you’ve created @Von Jones especially the wrought iron old clock project.

Blue is my favourite colour and what a difference a coat of paint has made to the WI.

I looked at the centre piece and thought how did Von get that the exact shape to fit where the clock was and realised you’ve transformed the worn out clock to a stunning work of art

beautiful work von .

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    Von Jones likes this.
  9. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you Fay. I believe we would have a ball doing that. I bet we would win and I'm not a betting person.;)

Faye Fox likes this.
  10. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you Kate. I've always loved the color of blue since I can remember.

Faye Fox likes this.
  11. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Me to …….not that I believe in all the stars stuff that’s in magazines / newspapers

but the bit about Aquarius liking water and cool colours fits me to tee :):)
    (1 was born in February )