Considering A Flagpole

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Hal Pollner, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I have never displayed a flag. Never had a flag. When growing up I thought it something rich people did
    on special occasions. I don't need a flag. As long as they have one to fly over the White House, that's good
    enough for me.

2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe 8 cameras with wide-angle lens. Maybe 8 flagpoles. I really cannot advise as I am not very knowledgable about video surveillance. Radiofrequency and audio are my specialties.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Just for practical reasons, if you really treasure that flag Hal, I wouldn’t put it on a flag pole. It will not be like displaying it on a 4 foot pole with the bracket attached to the front of your house.
    I go through at least 2 quadruple stitched all weather American flags a year which is displayed in a similar manner as yours just because of the sun and the northern and southern winds so imagine the damage that can be done when there are no barriers such as your house to protect it.

One property owner I personally know has gone through 3 good flags in a year and he is religious about when the flag should fly and when it shouldn’t.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    Yvonne Smith and Faye Fox like this.
  4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Hal, I have to agree with Bobby. I would have that beauty indoors as a background for your gun collection.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Good thought!
    A 48 star American Flag in good condition would be somewhat of a collector’s item so it would indeed fit with another collection and be well preserved to boot.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

That's an excellent idea, Faye, and Bobby!

My flag was not from the 48-star era...it was made up sometime in the 1980's by a Flagmaker.