Concerned About Ike

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Chrissy Cross, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Did a reverse search, came back with the name and address I had but an older link. Maybe his previous home??

Terry Page likes this.
  2. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm sure you've thought of this, @Chrissy Page , but wouldn't a call to the local sheriff's office for a wellness check do the trick? I mean wouldn't they know something? You do know his real name, and maybe (can't be sure, of course) they'd know something without even having to drop by his place. Not sure what the protocol is about giving that information to strangers, though, even for a wellness check.

I'm not very knowledgeable about where concern turns to crossing personal privacy lines, so I'm afraid I don't have many more ideas. Like that card you sent... he does have a daughter nearby, so surely his mail is being picked up. My gut tells me this thought isn't right, *but* since there's been no response from anywhere, could it be that maybe he doesn't want to be found or contacted?

You checked the local online newspaper?

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I've checked the papers yes. I don't feel comfortable doing the wellness check.

Maybe the number and address were older ones that I found. Not sure.

Mari North likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

We haven't considered the possibility of Ike not picking up the phone if he has caller ID. Many folks, if they don't recognize a # may not pick up. Still no voicemail, you'd think out of curiosity, he would pick up. But maybe not, never know. I would feel comfy calling the police either, just like that thing that happened to Bonnie, wow, if Ike was home, would he be pissed or what, LOL!!

Bonnie Thomas and Ruby Begonia like this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I did put my phone number in the card I sent. But he may not even have gotten the card.

Terry Page and Ruby Begonia like this.
  7. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Ike is currently being hospitalized and has been for "the last 3 weeks". I don't have any other information as to his condition but he is alive and "well". Now, at least we know that he can benefit from our prayers and we all have closure as to all the "what ifs" :)

No, I didn't call the sheriff, nor the hospital, nor his family. In fact, I don't know what hospital he's in nor do I know anything at all about why he's there or how he's doing. I didn't cross any privacy lines. I spoke directly with a reputable woman who had received a phone call directly from Ike's daughter and told her he had been "in the hospital for the last 3 weeks and will go back home when he is better". That was it. The woman went on to say he's "alive and well" but I don't think she really knows about the "well".

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  8. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Excellent job Lara, thank goodness you found him. Right on, now just hit our knees in prayer, or, however you pray or hope;) denise

9. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes it's great news to hear he is well Lara, I guess we can look forward to funny hospital tales when he gets out ;)

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ha ha Terry, I can picture it already! :)

Terry Page likes this.
  11. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll bet he's teasing all the nurses…that would be just like him :rolleyes:;)

Terry Page and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'm so happy and relieved now, like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. He's not my real family but part of my forum family. I think I get too involved on forums. :)

Terry Page and Bonnie Thomas like this.
  13. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

That's not a bad thing Chrissy…as long as it's SO. It's safe and friendly here. Can't say that for other forums

Terry Page and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Mari North

Registered

Never "too involved." At least not here, as @Lara Moss said. There's a person or two here who knows a *lot* more about me than my sister knows. And I'm close to my sister! :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Mari North

Registered

But more than a dream, revelation, or intuition I assume, @Lara Moss ? (Sorry, I'm a journalist and I get to itchin' with these questions and they just come out.) In any case, I'm so happy to hear that he's okay, even though a hospital stay is involved.

I guess I'm having trouble imagining how it could have been done without contacting local authorities, hospitals, or family. I'm an investigator type of person. (Yes, some would call it nosy, but it pays the bills!) And NOOOO I'm not asking you to tell us. (However, if you're in a really fabulous and generous mood, my PM box is in working order!) ;)

Ina I. Wonder likes this.