Color Me Pink

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Terry Page, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

As it's a Blue Monday for some I thought we would explore Pink, the colour of love and often the female gender, though I do know some women who hate pink.

color_me_pink.gif

Brighter pinks are youthful, fun, and exciting, while vibrant pinks have the same high energy as red; they are sensual and passionate without being too aggressive. Toning down the passion of red with the purity of white results in the softer pinks that are associated with romance and the blush of a young woman’s cheeks. It’s not surprising that when giving or receiving flowers, pink blossoms are a favorite. Pink is the color of happiness and is sometimes seen as lighthearted. For women who are often overworked and overburdened, an attraction to pink may speak of a desire for the more carefree days of childhood.

Bright pinks, like the color red, stimulate energy and can increase the blood pressure, respiration, heartbeat, and pulse rate.
    They also encourage action and confidence.
    Pink has been used in prison holding cells to effectively reduce erratic behavior.

THE MEANING OF PINK AROUND THE GLOBE

The pink ribbon is an internationally recognized symbol of hope and awareness in the fight against breast cancer.

In Japan, the color pink has a masculine association. The annual spring blooming of the pink-blossomed cherry trees (the Sakura) is said to represent the young Japanese warriors who fell in battle in the prime of life (the Samurai).

Jaipur City is a foremost tourist attraction in India because of its superlative forts, grandiose palaces, vivacious temples, multicolored bazaars, pulsating streets, and its distinguished pink color to which the city owes its oft-used name “The Pink City”.

The Chinese had not recognized the color pink until they had contact with Western culture and the Chinese word for pink translates as “foreign color.”

Marrakesh is another city associated with the color pink. It is sometimes refered to as the “Rose City” because of its salmon-pink colored buildings and the red clay of its terrain.

INTERESTING INFORMATION ABOUT PINK

In 1947, fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli introduced the color “hot pink” to western fashion. She dubbed the shade “Shocking Pink,” though today the color is more well-known as “magenta.”

First Lady, Mamie Eisenhower, who loved and wore pink so much it became known as “Mamie Pink”.

Pink encourages friendliness while discouraging aggression and ill-will. Since the color pink is said to have a tranquilizing effect, sport’s teams sometimes use pink to paint the locker room used by opposing teams.

Some studies of the color pink suggest that male weightlifters seem to lose strength in pink rooms, while women weightlifters tend to become stronger around the color.

Pastries taste better when they come out of pink boxes or served on pink plates (it only works with sweets). Pink makes us crave sugar.

A favourite painting of mine by
    Bazille

Girl in a Pink Dress

dw.jpg

The Pink Dress by Mark Sasha

4444.jpg

Pink Music

Attached Files:

• dw.jpg
      dw.jpg
      File size:
      480.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4444.jpg
      4444.jpg
      File size:
      342.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Terry Page

Registered

I know exploring colors may seem of little interest but after Joe's original "It's Not Easy Being Orange" I found I learned so much from it discovering new music and art as well as being entertained and amused, that it inspired myself (and others I think) to follow suit with similar threads. It's interesting to me how we learn from a variety of different ways of looking at the world.

4. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

You don't find too many football clubs that make use of the colour pink. The Sicilian club Palermo, however, are the exception that proves the rule.

t1larg.palermo.jpg

5. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

We can't have a pink thread without flamingos...

flamingo_01_big.jpg

6. Terry Page

Registered

..........or the Pink Panther

7. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Ruby Begonia

Registered

9. Ruby Begonia

Registered

10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

image.jpg

Breast cancer awareness ribbon

11. Ruby Begonia

Registered

12. Ruby Begonia

Registered

13. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

what about my Pink Camper van interior ... ? :p ( it's not really mine)

019.JPG

14. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

15. Ruby Begonia

Registered

But your looks like it, right?