Cleaning Our Homes

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Hedi Mitchell, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I will...it is not real bad at least....just try and stay on top of things.

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I use white vinegar mostly - good stuff

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I used to pour baking Soda and vinegar down my clogged garbage disposal and it worked for awhile but eventually I needed it replaced.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Lol I have tried them all.....but will try the oven cleaner with a motorized brush. ....soon as I am up to.

6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Have you used the motorised brush Gloria, frightened the life outa me :eek:
    @Gloria Mitchell

7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Yes on the end of hubbys drill....drill is too heavy really...need smaller one...but better than the toothbrush I had used.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

We have a young gal that comes in once a week on Mondays and cleans the kitchen and bathroom and sweep and mops (hardwood floors throughout). I don't know what we use but I did notice the wife spent $35.20 at the grocery market last trip. In between I keep the kitchen up, the dishes done, my office where I can get in it, in between Mondays.

9. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a young woman every two weeks to clean my two bed two bath apartment. She selected the cleaning supplies which I paid for and they stay in my apartment in between visits. She is here for60 to 90 minutes and the places sparkles when she is through. I am a pretty tidy guy my nature and don't leave big messes for her to clean up. The only day I don't make the bed myself is on her cleaning day.

10. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I use this for cleaning all wet areas in the bathrooms, kitchen and laundry including the tiled floors
    I can't handle fumes from harsh cleaning products , this cleaner is good,it's the best tile grout cleaner I've found ...my white bathroom wall grout is still,as white as it was when we had the house built 11 years ago by using this product
    http://awareenvironmental.com.au/product/shower-bath-tile-cleaner/

Patsy Faye likes this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Tnx I may try this...tho it does not help with mold.

12. Jeanee Burke

Jeanee Burke Veteran Member
    Registered

For cleaning the kitchen and bathroom I use lemon scented 409. It's antibacterial, too. It cleans well. Sometimes with some stains I use a cheap bleach cleaner. I use Old English for all the wood furniture. I use Comet for cleaning the toilet. For the floors I use a generic orange scented cleaner that works pretty good.

Hedi Mitchell and Bill Boggs like this.
  13. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not too particular any more. We have a young lady comes in once a week, unless she's off doing something else which is seldom. I often tell her to skip my office. I've got more stuff in here than I have room for, a large desk, big desk chair, stereo equipment, oxygen machine and supplies, a portable machine and a nebulizer, and books. I keep a pair of binoculars in here, and two pairs of earphones, a small Canon ''digital ELPH camera on my desk. I don't mind a little dust. If it gets in the way, I'll swipe it with something. I've come to realize cleaning is so repetitive and besides none of us would want to catch that clean disease.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Jeanee Burke and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Ourr little cozy cottage has about 600 square feet with wood flooring everywhere except for the vinyl flooring in the bathroom It's easy to keep clean I use Scrubbing Bubbles in the bathroom for the tub, sink, and toilet. I vacuum all the flooring and then us my Swifter WetJet to clean all the floors. I dust with my Swifter duster Lysol multi-surface cleaner in my kitchen. My Honey and I both help keep our home clean...he doesn't mind doing laundry, dishes, or anything else around the house. He will even help cook, but I cook inside and he will do his cooking for us on the grill. We make a good team and I'm really thankful he's my Honey. :)

Jeanee Burke likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Unfortunately I have almost 2,000 sq ft to clean and just because I don't use a room doesn't mean it doesn't get dusty. :(

I had the swifter but didn't think it did a good job on my tile floors, so I got an old fashioned type mop which I think does a better job...also more work.

I'm thinking of getting someone to at least do a major cleaning once a month.

Babs Hunt likes this.