Cities Or States You Definitely Wouldn't Live In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Nowhere in California, New York, IL, Washington... I prefer me on state of Texas :D

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole
    You cannot imagine how surprised, or moved, I was reading your post! So, 20 years ago, Flag had undergone undesirable changes. I think my nephew Mike moved there around 1988. He has taught both at NAU and Coconino Community College, finally retiring 2 years ago from the latter, where he was a Senior Advisor. His tale of woe is written more strongly than yours. He cites the inequities which have become S.O.P. now. Massive subsidy handouts to poor students who don't appreciate the opportunity to get an education, present there to party and use drugs. Once, alone in his office with a huge, grossly disfigured Indian male, this spectre pulled a large knife and advanced toward Mike! Talked down, he admitted to not having taken his ADHD meds.......likely the kind consisting of Methamphetamine.

I will ask him if he knows of the dress code you mentioned, before his time there.
    Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh
    I will intrude here to point out that Colorado in recent years has largely gone to a highly Liberalized existence. Whereas cowboys generally carried six-shooters, they must have switched to semi-automatic handguns, as the Governor signed into law a "high-capacity" magazine ban.

And, I always thought Colorado was part of the "Old West". Maybe thank the Californians who migrated there?
    rank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Don Alaska "Sorry if I upset anyone."
    Do not apologize here.......IMO it is sometimes beneficial to an individual's heart and soul, to be upset by something. Frank

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

To me, any time an individual comes to the table with some meat to go with the conversation need not apologize. Whether or not I care for the offering is a matter for my own taste but does not fall upon he or she who offers it especially if the meat comes with a credible recipe.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Liberalized existence. hummmmmm.......and all this time I thought it had gone to "pot".

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Parts of Colorado are still "Old West", like the Bison Ranch we visited just outside Greeley. And, being that there are pro-rodeo's all up and down the Front Range, including a major big one in Denver and Greeley each year that attracts some of the biggest names in pro-rodeo.

I think the biggest problem that exists is how So California folks, who moved there, want to try so hard to take away any kind of "Western" feeling that is left in Colorado. In some areas that has happened, but not all. In some areas, the locals, and longtime residents, will step in and say "no way, you're not going to change things here. Don't like what you see, move back to where you came from".

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.