Chinese Virus Rants And Complaints

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Patsy Faye, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Alan Davis

Alan Davis Well-Known Member
    Registered

Some people told me that they do not trust doctors. I told them to ask doctors for proof but be prepared to pay for the extra time and effort that the doctor would spend. They did not know that doctors learn for about 6 months how to decide if a medicine is good or bad or useless. When these people learned that they would have to pay and also use their brains to examine the proof, they got discouraged immediately. There are lots of fraud doctors in my country legally allowed to practice because of traditional beliefs. Often people recommend their treatment to me. Then I have to explain my logic and figures to them.

2. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Pertaining to the possible issuing of CV19 test result cards, and mandatory carrying of the same:

OK, the above possibility is being bandied about by our alarmist news media. The implications are intriguing:

Let's say you test negative for the antibodies. This means that you've, most likely, never been exposed to the virus, never been challenged, immunologically, to produce antibodies to it. But wait..... What if you have, indeed, been exposed within the last few minutes, hours, days, but haven't produced the antibodies, yet? Obviously, the logical next step, to guard against this scenario, is to require you to come back, in two weeks, a recognized incubation period, and be retested. Meanwhile, you need to self quarantine. So, now we have every negative test individual requiring a follow up test in two weeks. But wait....... What if you come back for that retest, and on your way back to the testing facility you are, indeed, infected. See???? This thing becomes absurd! Your Certified CV19 card, identifying you as safe, will mean NOTHING!

To continue: Let's look at positive test result individuals. You test positive, but you're not ill. You now have antibodies, you've been exposed, you've made it through. So, the powers that be declare you "Safe!" You won't get CV19 again, or will you? They really don't know, even if they say they do. This is all too new. Going further: If you have the antibodies, do you also have some antigens (the actual virus) that are resistant to your antibodies, but can't sicken you. Can you pass them on, infecting others? Again, another test will be needed, to test for the virus being present in your body. If it's found, you can, most likely, still infect others, although you, most likely, won't become ill. Now what? Are you a modern day Typhoid Mary? Are you doomed to be forever self quarantined? Does your card identify you as not safe to be around others?

What about those who have antibodies, but no virus in their bodies? Are they forever safe? Can the virus "hop aboard," avoiding antibody attacks while waiting to infect a susceptible individual who lacks antibodies? What will their cards say?

The whole card carrying thing is absurd. You MUST assume everyone can make you ill, if you want to give yourself the best chance of remaining healthy, when it comes to CV19.

As I've posted online, with my advice (predictably) falling on mostly deaf ears: Wear an N95 mask, when in public, no matter what the "experts" may tell you. Wear gloves and eye protection, as well. To do otherwise is ill-advised. Rest assured, I totally understand that 99% of the public will ignore my advice. Oh well........

Everything, as above, certainly will be effected by two, main factors: If an excellent, reliable cure/treatment is found, and/or an effective vaccine is developed, then you can rest a whole lot easier.

Too bad, though, that the whole world wasn't advised to wear proper PPE right off the bat, and too bad most wouldn't have followed that advice, anyway. Yeah, most people are not very bright.....

Note: I worked in a business where I dealt with blood, from folks I was working on, daily. I was in their faces, as well, along with other parts of their bodies. I wore proper PPE, always. In fifteen years, I never caught a cold, flu, etc. Had I not taken precautions, had I not had yearly flu shots, I strongly doubt that I would have been as successful in avoiding illness.

Wear your PPE, when out and about. Assume everyone is a carrier. The life you save may be your own, no alarmist BS intended.

Dale Young and Ken Anderson like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Due to the fact that you keep going around in circles, I had to fight with myself as to whether to reply or not.
    First, does one of your cousins go by the username of Jess Santorio? You keep saying “your country” did I miss something or have you not stated what country that might be? The Philippines maybe?

Now to the meat of the matter. When it comes to my welfare and my ability to protect my wife and myself whilst also protecting our rights under the Constitution of the U.S., [other than my wife] I trust absolutely no human being.
    It’s understandable that everyone has their own agenda, their own way of life and their own health to look after so why would I trust someone who is basically only thinking of themselves?
    It is you who wants to report people and punish those who do not abide by those “rules” you believe to be appropriate so you’re not thinking about me, you’re concentrating on you.
    That said and I’m sorry to say this but it looks to me, by pure merit that you are willing to conform to some 3 month rule someone made up, that you’re lock stepping to someone else’s tune instead of having the ability to reason through and ascertain the various truths on your own.

Try pushing through some of the minutia and analyze all of the information first before following some very suspicious and dictatorial edicts. What freedoms you do enjoy, are at risk and what good is having good health without the freedom to enjoy it. Even pre-civil war slaves owners tried to keep the slaves healthy.

Al Amoling and Trevalius Guyus like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Since you have a doctor that you trust, I agree that you should be able to rely on what they tell you, @Alan Davis , your doctor knows your health history, and that is what is important.
    Not every person’s health is the same, and it is obvious that you have some pretty serious health issues for your doctor to advise you that you need to keep yourself quarantined inside for three whole months after everyone else has gone back to their normal life. He must know that you have a very compromised immune system, or something similar to that, also, which makes it necessary for you to be extremely careful.

Some people, on the other hand , have an immune system that can fight off every invasion, and for these people , it is actually not even necessary for us to be confined at all, so it is all a matter of what each body can do.
    The thing is, that even though people like my husband and myself, and many others, are not even concerned about getting a virus, because we know our immune system will overcome any attacker before it can get a foot hold; we (as a country) have to do what will protect even the people with the weakest immune systems.
    Thus, we are self-isolating as a nation, even though this corona virus is nowhere near as dangerous as a regular flu for most people.

Once the virus has passed its main point, and restrictions are no longer in place, we can just go back to normal life again; but those people who have weak immune systems (as well as those tho are living in fear of getting a virus), will probably also keep themselves isolated until they feel safe again.
    Where we live, we do not have many restrictions, and since we are not concerned about getting sick, life for Bobby and I has gone on pretty much the same as usual, except that our fitness center is closed, so we can’t go there to swim and exercise.
    I can hardly wait for it to open back up again !

Trevalius Guyus and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Alan Davis

Registered

Thanks for the details. I confess I was also fooled by the advice not to wear masks. Later realized it was a political lie. There were not masks even for doctors. When they got enough masks they advised every one to wear them. Similarly N95 masks are not available. When they become sufficient, we all will be advised to wear n95. Though I feel like a fool for believing their lies earlier. My relatives are doctors. Even they do not get n95. They are told only doctors directly treating corona patients are getting these. I really admire the devotion of these doctors.

Trevalius Guyus likes this.
  6. Alan Davis

Registered

Expect cure for corona soon
    Normally a new medicine takes six years to reach the market. But now the leaders are worried. They are changing all imaginable laws that delay new medicines. Things like safety and fairness are not an issue now. I worked in several government jobs including regulating medicines and making laws. I estimate in 1 - 2 months several medicines will have been discovered and approved. May be even a couple of vaccines. A few innocent people may be sacrificed but most will benefit.
    The doctor recommended it for every one over sixty years in my country. 3 months is a estimate. it is not a compulsion or order.

7. Alan Davis

Registered

I feel my cousins doctors are more likely to give me good advice. I am in India. It is a recommendation (not an order) to every one over 60 years in India. Why do you think they will give me wrong advice? Do you remember Steve Jobs of Apple. He had a simple cancer. He could have been cured early but he did not trust the modern doctors. The cancer became incurable and he died. It is said if you trust some one too much, that will harm you. If you do not trust any one at all, that will also harm you. Doctors some times give wrong treatment but I believe if I treat myself, I will make a lot more mistakes. In my country people at high risks were ordered to self quarantine in their homes. Some of them left homes and mingled with crowds of strangers. The strangers would not have been happy if they knew it. Would they? If the people at high risk feared that their neighbors would report them and they would have to pay a lot of money and work in corona ward, they would not have dared to break the quarantine. The public should discuss this. What ever the vast majority of the public agrees to, laws should be made and all should follow these laws. I hope you will again your thoughts soon.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

At some point, probably while transporting a patient with tuberculosis - which was not uncommon in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas - I received a dose of it. I have never had the disease, nor can I transmit the disease, but I test positive for it on the initial skin test twenty years later. In other words, I am a danger to no one but if someone decided to use TB as their fear campaign, as they have this Chinese virus, I wouldn't pass. There is no evidence that this is more serious than the seasonal flu but they failed to create the panic they needed about the flu, so they called it a pandemic and began a media-government blitz. Well, folks, the seasonal flu is a pandemic, too. If people understood the English language, they'd have to find a scarier word.

Trevalius Guyus and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Ken Anderson

I mentioned that here, weeks ago, when someone was parroting the standard line of the day, that it was stupid and ridiculous for people to think they needed to wear masks, that masks wouldn't do any good, and so on, that the only reason they don't want the rest of us to wear masks is that they want to save the available supply for those who were considered more important. Masks do not provide full protection, particularly in the way that most people use them, but they are better than nothing if you're concerned about the virus.

Yet, most everyone was persuaded by the propaganda of the day, ignoring the fact that many of those who were the spokespeople for not wearing masks were themselves wearing masks, and despite the fact the the dual message was contradictory: 1) masks do not provide protection against the virus and 2) we need to save the supply of masks for medical personnel, firemen, EMTs, and so on.

Trevalius Guyus likes this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Yeah, every now and then you just have to sacrifice a virgin to the gods.

11. Alan Davis

Registered

And till 1974 the US government did not tell some blacks the correct treatment for STD because the government wanted information on what would happen when humans died untreated. And no one was likely to protest. Now the stakes are much higher.

12. Alan Davis

Registered

Please remember. the mortality rate for old people getting corona is 10%. When mortality rates for TB, polio and leprosy were higher people tried very hard to avoid getting infected.

13. Alan Davis

Registered

Another good thing is that if some one has corona and is mixing with people because he does not know or does not care, he will infect very fewer people if he wears a mask. That will happen when every one wears a mask. Japan got very good results in corona and flu because of this habit.

14. Ken Anderson

Using real numbers, explain. On second thought, don't bother. All of the numbers are just pulled out of people's butts, anyhow. You're just regurgitating the propaganda.

15. Alan Davis

Registered

Do you think reports and numbers from Italy and Spain are false and are government propaganda? Do you think people in your country have different biology from rest of the world? Perhaps you do not have time to read unnecessary facts about rest of the world. If you have spare time, you can phone and email ordinary people in these countries. I try to get information from different sources, even from those that I dislike. Many people do not like to make so much effort. Btw most people in my city developed immunity to TB because of overcrowded buses. They will give the same reaction to the test as you. Some unfortunate ones did really get TB. Doctors here do not rely on this test. They x-ray the chest even though it needs more effort and money. I remember I was x-rayed in 1971 for TB when I wanted to live in a hostel.

Nancy Hart likes this.