China Warning

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Craig Wilson, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Terence Eames

Terence Eames Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I see China has been called out for Cyber attacks again. The US, the UK, Europe, Australia and Japan have all pointed at China after almost 6 months of investigations.

Naturally China's reaction was angry (at being caught) and called my Australia the US's lapdog....certainly no contrition.
    They are pathetic liars.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  2. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Veteran Member
    Registered

Surely China's strength comes from western companies re-locating to China providing us with cheap goods using compliant slave labour. Now the labour force is demanding better wages we are turning to other Far Eastern countries.
    To weaken China's hold these companies must return home and we have to get used to paying realistic prices again.

Terence Eames likes this.
  3. Terence Eames

Terence Eames Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Agreed Jim, despite the price.

They've conned and weakened us too long with their slave labour And they dare call themselves Communists.

More like Slavers!

Craig Wilson likes this.
  4. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I expect you Americans have heard about the new AUKUS alliance that will bring nuclear powered submarines to the Australian Navy. Are any of you aware the reason behind the Australian Govt pulling the plug on the French sub deal which the Froggies have called a "stab in the back by a trusted ally". Well President Macron you can blame your French company building the subs for the actions by our PM. There has been one speed bump after another to the project since the deal was struck in 2016. For starters not a single rivet has been applied. Correct there has not been a start on the first sub. This has put many Australian ship builders out of a job. Additionally, the original $50b cost has almost doubled with the first sub not being in service until 2030 at the earliest with the remainder 20/30 years further down the track. This leaves the Aust Navy with a fleet of aging Collins diesel subs that are past their used by date. The Australia Govt saw this further delay as unconscionable. So when the alliance was formed with the nuke subs deal at its forefront.. our PM saw his chance to finally pull out of this disastrous French deal.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I've been following it, @Craig Wilson . It appears you are getting refurbished nuclear subs instead of "new" Diesel-electrics that would have been quite similar to the subs you already have. Apparently it was due not only to the failure of the French to fulfill their obligation, but the aggression of China. Diesel subs are great for coastal defense, but the nucs can run the "high seas", especially when you can no longer rely on the U.S. to fulfill the role of guardian, as is evidenced by the Afghanistan debacle.

6. Craig Wilson

Registered

News to me @Don Alaska . There has been nothing about this in the mainstream media. I also read somewhere that the deal was struck with the French on the proviso that their subs were able to be converted to nuclear powered if the Australian govt wanted that. Again not a word about this in the mainstream media.

7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

It is said this is a big 180 for your PM who once said he wouldn't choose between the U.S. and China because he didn't have to. Apparently now he feels he "has to choose". France was behind on producing the subs and the cost overruns were killing your budget.

Craig Wilson and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Craig Wilson

Registered

Very pertinent point @Don Alaska. Yes Beijing's bullying, belligerence and coersion has forced Sco Mo's hand. Gotta say as an Australian it is a relief that our longest and closest ally has not abandoned us.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I gotta say, @Craig Wilson we are getting some scary reports of stuff going on in Australia and New Zealand concerning the lockdowns and stuff. Listening to some of your politicians' speeches is frightening. Perhaps you aren't even seeing the reports there.

Jim Brown and Yvonne Smith like this.